Is it possible to Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V the content of an SD card when migrating to a bigger one?

LeyendaV

The One and Only
OP
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
I've been using a 400GB SD since January 2018 with a FAT partition for sysNAND, emuNAND (as file, not partition) and Lakka, and an Android partition.
A few weeks ago, I upgraded to a 1TB card but used a method to transer the information that didn't carry over the Android partition, only the FAT one.

So, to connect with the tilte of this threa, I'm assuming that, if I simply back up the whole content of the SD, partition and install Android again, and the copy back everything into the now FAT partition, everything should work flawlessly, but I rather ask first just in case.

Gamerjin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few weeks ago, I upgraded to a 1TB card but used a method to transer the information that didn't carry over the Android partition, only the FAT one.
what method did you use to transfer the sdcard? the reason im asking is that if you used a partition manager, it should have been able to copy (and resize ,if needed) partitions.

Gamerjin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my opinion would be to use a partition manager. that way you can oversee the whole disk operation and something didnt copy right, it should at least be able to tell you why it couldnt copy it.

LeyendaV

The One and Only
OP
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
my opinion would be to use a partition manager. that way you can oversee the whole disk operation and something didnt copy right, it should at least be able to tell you why it couldnt copy it.
That's could be of some help if the case were that I just did the SD upgrade, but as I mentioned it was a few weeks ago and because I wasn't gonna wait to install other games and play I just moved on and keep using and filling the space.
Everything is working perfectly so far, but after thinking about it I realized I would like to have Android again, even i it means having to copy/paste everything and going through the annoying install-update mothod again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...