Is it possible to create multiple forwarders for the same game?

0x424d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On my SD card, I have three different ROMs of the same NDS game. Each ROM is a different version of the game (one is US version 1.0, another is US version 1.1, and the third is EU version 1.0). Right now, I can generate the three CIAs with YANBF, but when I try to install them with FBI, the forwarders seem to overwrite one another and I end up with only 1 forwarder on my home screen. My aim is to install 3 forwarders, one for each version of the game. Can this be done?

JLO64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I would imagine that if you use a fowarder other than YANBF and if your filenames are different you should be fine. ndsFowarder can be downloaded from Universal Updater and should work for your use case. The only problem with this method is the 40 title limit for DSi games.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
On my SD card, I have three different ROMs of the same NDS game. Each ROM is a different version of the game (one is US version 1.0, another is US version 1.1, and the third is EU version 1.0). Right now, I can generate the three CIAs with YANBF, but when I try to install them with FBI, the forwarders seem to overwrite one another and I end up with only 1 forwarder on my home screen. My aim is to install 3 forwarders, one for each version of the game. Can this be done?
You can change the title IDs of the forwarders.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-cia-cxi-files.383055/
The title ID is in the exheader. You can search for and replace it with a hex editor.

0x424d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can change the title IDs of the forwarders.
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-cia-cxi-files.383055/
The title ID is in the exheader. You can search for and replace it with a hex editor.
Thank you for your help so far.

I'm struggling to find the memory address of the title ID. You mentioned that it was in the exheader, which I do have as a bin file after running HackingToolkit9DS, but I can't find title ID mentioned anywhere in 3dbrew.org/wiki/NCCH/Extended_Header. Am I looking at the wrong wiki page? What offset should I be looking at here?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you for your help so far.

I'm struggling to find the memory address of the title ID. You mentioned that it was in the exheader, which I do have as a bin file after running HackingToolkit9DS, but I can't find title ID mentioned anywhere in 3dbrew.org/wiki/NCCH/Extended_Header. Am I looking at the wrong wiki page? What offset should I be looking at here?
I think it's probably this. The size checks out. That would mean it's at offset 0x200 in the file.

ARM11 Local System Capabilities​

OffsetSizeDescription
0x00x8Program ID

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1