Is It Possible To Compile A DS Game In Game Maker?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by mrtimotei, May 27, 2011.

1. mrtimotei
    OP

mrtimotei The Legends' Proxy

Nov 7, 2010
    United States
    I've recently have been trying to make a DS homebrew game. But I want to know if you can compile a DS game using the "Game Maker" from YoYo Games. (Not the "DS Game Maker") If so, then how? And if not, then what other simple program, like "Game Maker," can I use to make a DS game?

Note: I don't know anything about C++, so anything involving that is out of the question.

2. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    No it's not possible. DS Game Maker uses libnds. Commercial DS games are compiled with a more advanced SDK.

3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    DS Game Maker is the attempt to make something easy.

4. mrtimotei
    OP

Nov 7, 2010
    United States
    ... right ... well, then never mind, guys.

5. leeday100196

leeday100196 GBAtemp's Official Infernapeâ„¢

Sep 24, 2010
    My computer in Sharpedo Bluff
    Come on. Why would it be called that then?

6. Discover

Discover GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2010
    Meh, I hate front-ends for stuff that's not even THAT complicated.
    Unless you have the $25, 000 SDK that Nintendo released @ WarioWorld, no.

Soz about dat.

7. YoshiInAVoid

YoshiInAVoid GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Banned
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lol mate. If you don't like DSGM5, try installling DSGM4.9, it has a totally different layout as James recoded the program when he made DSGM5. DSGM5 Looks like game maker alot, and DSGM4.9 has a more unique and interesting syle to it. Try both, you might like it. Alternativly, darkflow.net is going to make an official release soon. It lets you make games for any system: PSP DS PC IPHONE IPAD WII... And you can import projects from Game maker and DS Gamemaker and wii gamestudio and compile them into different systems. Go visit www.darkflow.net and wait for them to finish making it.

8. Sausage Head

Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Oct 28, 2010
    Netherlands
    alanjohn check ur pm
    And both versions give beautiful JustInTime errors.

Praise Microsoft for making error messages that alarm you of amateur developers.

9. YoshiInAVoid

Banned
    Jan 10, 2011
    Join the forum and they will help you. It's a really great place.

10. mrtimotei
    OP

Nov 7, 2010
    United States
    What Forum? I looked at the site and all I see on the forum is a blank page. I looked at the video tutorials, but I get a 404 error. I don't even understand how to make an account. Darkflow looks helpful for the homebrew game I want to make, because I can import a project from "Game Maker." But it isn't helpful if I can't make an account, and figure out how to do so. So, until there's an update, this program looks worthless.

11. gbatempfan1

gbatempfan1 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2010
    I can confirm it isn't in your head, the portal(acct creation/forums) ect seems to be having issues.

12. 8BitWalugi

8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Mar 22, 2008
    Australia
    Side 7
    Woah Woah Woah!

Does that actually work!?

13. DSGameMaker

DSGameMaker Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2008
    The tech to do it's sorted. See the video on the site, it already makes HTML5 games.

I stress again - I've put an extreme alpha online, just so you can see how it looks. I don't want any more publicity at this stage because it's just leading to 'it doesn't work' complaints, which is obvious. You will soon know when I make big developments and it starts to work.

14. YoshiInAVoid

Banned
    Jan 10, 2011
    Sorry James, I was just trying to promote it and get people exited just like me for when you do post a stable release.