Homebrew Is It Possible To Compile A DS Game In Game Maker?

mrtimotei

No More Heroes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently have been trying to make a DS homebrew game. But I want to know if you can compile a DS game using the "Game Maker" from YoYo Games. (Not the "DS Game Maker") If so, then how? And if not, then what other simple program, like "Game Maker," can I use to make a DS game?

Note: I don't know anything about C++, so anything involving that is out of the question.

Discover

Trophies
XP
Country
Meh, I hate front-ends for stuff that's not even THAT complicated.
Unless you have the $25, 000 SDK that Nintendo released @ WarioWorld, no.

Soz about dat.

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Lol mate. If you don't like DSGM5, try installling DSGM4.9, it has a totally different layout as James recoded the program when he made DSGM5. DSGM5 Looks like game maker alot, and DSGM4.9 has a more unique and interesting syle to it. Try both, you might like it. Alternativly, darkflow.net is going to make an official release soon. It lets you make games for any system: PSP DS PC IPHONE IPAD WII... And you can import projects from Game maker and DS Gamemaker and wii gamestudio and compile them into different systems. Go visit www.darkflow.net and wait for them to finish making it.

mrtimotei

No More Heroes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YoshiInAVoid said:
Join the forum and they will help you. It's a really great place.

What Forum? I looked at the site and all I see on the forum is a blank page. I looked at the video tutorials, but I get a 404 error. I don't even understand how to make an account. Darkflow looks helpful for the homebrew game I want to make, because I can import a project from "Game Maker." But it isn't helpful if I can't make an account, and figure out how to do so. So, until there's an update, this program looks worthless.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
YoshiInAVoid said:
Lol mate. If you don't like DSGM5, try installling DSGM4.9, it has a totally different layout as James recoded the program when he made DSGM5. DSGM5 Looks like game maker alot, and DSGM4.9 has a more unique and interesting syle to it. Try both, you might like it. Alternativly, darkflow.net is going to make an official release soon. It lets you make games for any system: PSP DS PC IPHONE IPAD WII... And you can import projects from Game maker and DS Gamemaker and wii gamestudio and compile them into different systems. Go visit www.darkflow.net and wait for them to finish making it.
Woah Woah Woah!

Does that actually work!?

DSGameMaker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dsgamemaker.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
And both versions give beautiful JustInTime errors.

Praise Microsoft for making error messages that alarm you of amateur developers.

What Forum? I looked at the site and all I see on the forum is a blank page. I looked at the video tutorials, but I get a 404 error. I don't even understand how to make an account. Darkflow looks helpful for the homebrew game I want to make, because I can import a project from "Game Maker." But it isn't helpful if I can't make an account, and figure out how to do so. So, until there's an update, this program looks worthless.
It is worthless. We haven't even hit Alpha stages yet. The file's up there to show some people the nice interface, and the install functionality (we're working on it, XP users without 'Segoe UI'!).

This is NOT a current project.

QUOTE said:
wait for them to finish making it.
Which was the key element to your post.

Does that actually work!?
The tech to do it's sorted. See the video on the site, it already makes HTML5 games.

I stress again - I've put an extreme alpha online, just so you can see how it looks. I don't want any more publicity at this stage because it's just leading to 'it doesn't work' complaints, which is obvious. You will soon know when I make big developments and it starts to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.