Hacking Is it possible to change 3DS Friend Code?

Puddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I did Plailects Guide and have a homebrewed New 3DS XL.

In Pokemon X/Y I have very shitty pokemon on my pokemon safari. These pokemon are generated by the 3DS Friendcode.

Is it possible to change my friend code, but keeping my save games (maybe by using backups, etc.)?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You can change it with System Format only, what you can do if you have Kernel Exploits available or you use Arm9LoaderHax is make a Nand backup and then System Format with Tiny Format to don"t lose your "Nintendo 3DS" content then configure all, now you can extract the Friends module save, finally you restore the previous Nand Backup and inject the Friends module save in that Nand backup.
You can get what is the Title ID of that here: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/System_SaveData

Reactions: Puddies

Puddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, that sounds very good. Thank you!

How can I extract the Friends module save and inject it later?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You can do that with GodMode9, only take care of only copy it to the SD Card, don"t mess with anything in the Nand and don"t active edit to the Nand.
You can do that from Redirection Nand (EmuNand or RedNand) if you don"t use one if you want to do it in a little more safer way, note that if you don"t have a Redirection Nand when you create one it format the SD so if you do that you need to backup all SD content and also you will need to delete the Redirection Nand partition in the SD after you finish (for security you will make a backup of the SD content)that if you aren"t going to use the Redirection Nand anymore, however you can do it directly from SysNand but you need to be careful.

Puddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sounds complicated. So I will do the following?
And some additional questions. :/

1. Make NAND Backup with Hourglass9
SysNAND Backup or EmuNAND Backup?

2. System Format with TinyFormat
SysNAND?

3. Use GodMode9 to copy Friends module savegame.
So here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-godmode9-all-access-file-browser-for-the-3ds.420027/
I will have to use the first option? SD Card?

3. Restore NAND Backup with Hourglass9

4. Inject Friends module savegame with GodMode9.
Which option will I have to use now?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You do one with the Nand you normally use and two that with System Nand or EmuNand according wich one you will use to do this.
In three you go to the location in CTR Nand of the Nand that you are using for System SaveData and copy the Friend List applet savegame you can get the location here:http://3dbrew.org/wiki/System_SaveData and copy that file to the SD Card.
Then you restore the Nand backup if you used the Nand that you normally use.
In four you inject the Friend List applet savegame to the Nand you normally use, then do the same go to the CTR Nand Partition of the Nand you normally use and copy the Friend List applet savegame from this one as a abckup for security in other lcoation of the SD card to don"t overwrite the before, then go to the SD and copy the Friend List applet savegame that you copy here before in the Formated Nand, now go to the same location in the CTR Partion and paste it here it will tell you active the CTR Partion edit of that Nand and if you want to overwrite it, select yes to the two and it will be the one of the Formated Nand now.
Only note you will lose any friends in the Friends List if you do this. You will need to change to the original Friend List applet savegame or restore a Nand backup with the other Friend Code if you want to use that other Friend Code again.
You will be safier if you instead do all from EmuNand instead as you can test first that all are working fine before if you use the System Nand.

Last edited by Clector,

Puddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, thank you very much, @Clector. This is a very detailled guide. I think, that I should get this by now.

One more question: I did the full Plailects Guide from step 1 to step 5.
I boot my system in the normal way: Just press my power button and see the homescreen then. ^_^

So, I have to use the SysNAND for the steps you mentioned, right?

Last edited by Puddies,

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a lot of trouble just to change what Pokemon show up in Safari mode...

Even with a new Friend Code, I imagine the new set of Pokemon may end up being bad too, since they'll still be random.

Puddies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It cannot be worse than Paras and Masquerain, can it? ._.

I think that it could be hard for me to find enough people who want to exchange their codes with me, that I can catch all safari pokemon.

Last edited by Puddies,

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You are welcome. If you are using Arm9LoaderHax you can do all in System Nand if you want so as you can restore the Nand if something happens only remember to make the Nand backup before you do all of this so you can conserve your content and game progress, if you are using Menuhax and EmuNand instead you should do that from EmuNand instead.
Remember to format with Tiny Format and no from System Settings, as making a System Format delete the previous "Nintendo 3DS" folder where are all the game content stored (themes data, games installed in the SD and more).

Last edited by Clector,
D

Deleted User

Clector, i would appreciate if you could provide images for this as i when i attempt to follow the steps that you outlined all that occurs is that it prompts me to re-choose my favorite title and visibility settings. N3ds 11.2.0-35U A9LH Lumacfw

Gelums

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can change it with System Format only, what you can do if you have Kernel Exploits available or you use Arm9LoaderHax is make a Nand backup and then System Format with Tiny Format to don"t lose your "Nintendo 3DS" content then configure all, now you can extract the Friends module save, finally you restore the previous Nand Backup and inject the Friends module save in that Nand backup.
You can get what is the Title ID of that here: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/System_SaveData
I have four consoles with the same friend code.. I really need help doing this Kernal exploit. Do you know how to change this step by step?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
@Gelums Yes, and there are a little easy way in some of the steps, if you don"t want to lose your SD Card content (by making a System Format) you will need to be able to use a Kernel Exploit or an arm9 paylaod (so you need to be in 9.2.0-X or have Arm9LoaderHax).

Gelums

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Gelums Yes, and there are a little easy way in some of the steps, if you don"t want to lose your SD Card content (by making a System Format) you will need to be able to use a Kernel Exploit or an arm9 paylaod (so you need to be in 9.2.0-X or have Arm9LoaderHax).
I got it, I was able to use decrypt9 and dump friendsave.bin after format. Then restore nand and inject friendsave.bin.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Good, you should do the same with the other ones (make sure the friend code is different) as the consoles will disconnect if two or more are connected at the same time (it also can cause problems in Download Play beetwen consoles with the same friend code).

Last edited by Clector,
Reactions: Gelums

Gelums

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good, you should do the same with the other ones (make sure the friend code is different) as the consoles will disconnect it two or more are connected at the same time (it also can cause problems in Download Play beetwen consoles with the same friend code).
Already done, thanks! (:

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't you changethe/delete the nnid without formatting by changing a folder number. I'm sure i did that a while ago. Wouldn't that change the friend code as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap.