Is it possible for Mayflash to update the GameCube WiiU adapter and upgrade it to 'Pro Controller' ?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Saiyan Lusitano, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    The way that the Mayflash GameCube WiiU/PC adapter works is by updating/flashing it through PC and then it's functional on the Switch. Right now the Mayflash GC adapter is recognisable as a Pokkén controller but is there somehow a way for Mayflash to upgrade to the features of a Pro Controller?

8 Bitdo's controllers are recognised as a Switch Pro Controller from what I've read.

2. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    You can contact them about that. I'm fairly certain that the only reason the GC controller adaptor even exists is because fans of Nintendont approached them about it

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  3. cybrian

cybrian Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    No, it exists to be a much less expensive clone of the official Nintendo GameCube controller adapter for Wii U, with support for PC as well, and now support for the Switch via emulating the Pokken controller. Nintendont supports the official GameCube controller adapter, and so by proxy it also supports the Mayflash one.

4. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I'm aware, but I remember someone in the Nintendont thread mentioning they contacted Mayflash with a suggestion for an adapter that would work natively for Wii U (by extension Nintendont) and PC

5. Shadowfied

Shadowfied GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 6, 2014
    Wait, the Mayflash adapter works on the Switch? So I can play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe using my Wavebird with a Mayflash adapter?

6. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Yes, but it would be emulating the Pokken controller

Shadowfied likes this.
  7. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Yeah, but for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe it works perfectly.

Shadowfied and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  8. Shadowfied

Shadowfied GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 6, 2014
    Holy shit, thanks!
    *buying Mayflash adapter intensifies*

9. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    You're welcome. Make sure to buy the correct one (on Amazon or whichever retailer has it) and then before you plug it to the Switch, update the adapter with this driver. Just plug it to the PC, update it which takes a second and it's ready.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.