Homebrew is it posible to transfer a QW O3ds to a QS n3ds?

Randgriz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i am bout to downgrade 11.0.0 a QS n3ds with DSiWare im aware that its from singapore but that has a disguized NA firmware does anyone knows if the transfer is gonna work since the guide states that both systems must be from the same region?

In short i want to DSiWare transfer a 11.0.0 QS n3ds with a source O3ds NA.

Randgriz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ok thanks for the fast reply i can play my regular cartridges just fine but if i cant downgrade i will have to return it thanks again.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i am bout to downgrade 11.0.0 a QS n3ds with DSiWare im aware that its from singapore but that has a disguized NA firmware does anyone knows if the transfer is gonna work since the guide states that both systems must be from the same region?

In short i want to DSiWare transfer a 11.0.0 QS n3ds with a source O3ds NA.

I'm from Singapore.

We use either US or JP 3Ds regions.

So as long both units you got are the same (meaning US and US, or JP and JP) then it wont be an issue.

Reactions: Randgriz

Randgriz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm from Singapore.

We use either US or JP 3Ds regions.

So as long both units you got are the same (meaning US and US, or JP and JP) then it wont be an issue.

just a dumb question i have downgrade 10.7 and bellow but im new to the 11.0.0+

if i can play my regular cartridges (from US) that means the system have a US firmware? i dont wanna mess up on something like this

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
just a dumb question i have downgrade 10.7 and bellow but im new to the 11.0.0+

if i can play my regular cartridges (from US) that means the system have a US firmware? i dont wanna mess up on something like this

Well, the system transfer wouldn't allow if the region was wrong anyway (or so I'm told).

The best way to know which region your 3DS is, is to go to your System Settings, Profile, and see what countries can you set it to.
If you don't see countries like Australia, New Zealand, Japan in the Region settings, (and you see United States, Singapore, Malaysia etc)
then you're on a US system.
(not using Cartridge as basis, because if you are on CFW, you will likely have region free activated)

Randgriz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, the system transfer wouldn't allow if the region was wrong anyway (or so I'm told).

The best way to know which region your 3DS is, is to go to your System Settings, Profile, and see what countries can you set it to.
If you don't see countries like Australia, New Zealand, Japan in the Region settings, (and you see United States, Singapore, Malaysia etc)
then you're on a US system.
(not using Cartridge as basis, because if you are on CFW, you will likely have region free activated)

I just checked and i have USA, Singapore, Argentina, Mexico but no New Zealand or Japan so im guessing its the US firmware im gonna give it a try to the system transfer and see how it goes, thanks for the info Queno i really didnt have a clue if the US firmware stuff was right or wrong.

Reactions: Queno138

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I just checked and i have USA, Singapore, Argentina, Mexico but no New Zealand or Japan so im guessing its the US firmware im gonna give it a try to the system transfer and see how it goes, thanks for the info Queno i really didnt have a clue if the US firmware stuff was right or wrong.

No prob, glad to help!

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If the firmware settings in settings ends with "U" it's the USA firmware. And you can do the transfer. No need to check serial codes nor anything like that.

As easy as checking that letter.

Randgriz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If the firmware settings in settings ends with "U" it's the USA firmware. And you can do the transfer. No need to check serial codes nor anything like that.

As easy as checking that letter.

i should checked that earlier then i feel so dumb now yes the firmware ends with a U thanks for the confirmation.

Reactions: Olmectron

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo