Its just roms that "R" illegal
laugh.gif

SpectralSounds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As stated above. It is not illegal to buy or own an R4. Just because it can be used illegally, does not make it illegal.

Same reason a baseball bat isnt illegal. It can be used for illegal things, but it isnt illegal.

I typed illegal a lot in this post.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For you Max-X people...

Lets count the number of illegals in this thread!!

11x and counting.

Guns dont kill people, people kill people...
unsure.gif

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok, imagine this scenario. You go out and buy a DVD player. Is it legal, you ask? Of course it is. Why? Well, many people buy a player to watch legally acquired DVD's. But, let's say you DL a movie off the net, or go to your local video store and rent a DVD, pop it into the PC, rip it and burn it (I do the latter
tongue.gif
, because it's cheaper to rent a movie than go buy one, and Internet DL movies have crappy quality, so I don't go there). There, a copy. Does the player play the copy? Oh, yes, it does. Is it illegal? Yes, but the vendor/company has no responsibility for your actions, but it was YOU that copied that CD. Not them. Take this in consideration when asking if the R4 is legal or not, ponder your future actions with the product and decide if they legal or not.
smile.gif

Overwhelming

Trophies
XP
Country
Let's say you bought two NDS games. You can download the respective ROMs and place them in a single R4 cart, so that you don't have to switch carts and carry them all with you.

I think we have the right to make backups, right?

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's say you bought two NDS games. You can download the respective ROMs and place them in a single R4 cart, so that you don't have to switch carts and carry them all with you.

Yes, but as stupid as it is, downloading roms off of the internet is illegal, even if you own the game.
frown.gif
Although it's legal if you back it up yourself, there aren't many good DS dumpers, and even then, a skillful prosecutor could get you fined/jailed, mainly because how the DMCA is like putty to be shaped how the prosecutor, judge, or corporations see fit.

CSD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It breaks down like this: it's legal to buy it, it's legal to own it, and, if you're the proprietor of an R4, it's legal to sell it. It's legal to carry it, but that doesn't really matter 'cause - get a load of this - if you get stopped by the cops in Amsterdam, it's illegal for them to search you. I mean, that's a right the cops in Amsterdam don't have.

the_joeba

Trophies
Website
www.comicofrevelation.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it legal to own a supercard or R4 in the USA?

"I will make it legal" Emperor

It breaks down like this: it's legal to buy it, it's legal to own it, and, if you're the proprietor of an R4, it's legal to sell it. It's legal to carry it, but that doesn't really matter 'cause - get a load of this - if you get stopped by the cops in Amsterdam, it's illegal for them to search you. I mean, that's a right the cops in Amsterdam don't have.
How do they say M3 simply in France?

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the r4ds is so that you can play homebrew games on your nintendo ds .....

i thought thats what everyone was doing?

ding ding ding. That is incorrect. Thanks for playing!
U R A STOOPID LIENG NOOB!! MY TALKING KAOLLA SU BLOW-UP DOLL SEZ DAT IT IZ USED 4 HOMEBRUW! NOOB!!
pwnt!
biggrin.gif

Srsly... I love my r6.

Your time would be much better spent referring me to some good hentai.
laugh.gif

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Yes, but as stupid as it is, downloading roms off of the internet is illegal, even if you own the game.
frown.gif
Although it's legal if you back it up yourself, there aren't many good DS dumpers, and even then, a skillful prosecutor could get you fined/jailed, mainly because how the DMCA is like putty to be shaped how the prosecutor, judge, or corporations see fit.

Maybe in the States, but here in Portugal we are allowed backups as long as we have the original copy, AFAIK.
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1