Is it bad that the older pokemon games are borderline unplayable for me?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember one time when I was playing Diamond (ir was it HG?) i didn't know where i was supposed (to go to progress in the story), but that was because i haven't played the game for a while and i forgot completely about that detail (where to go) because the game did tell me, so it's my fault really. Had to look around for a bit, revisiting routes, caves etc. til i found my way out of it.
Caves can be confusing to navigate through (dark caves too), along with puzzles, but you don't have to check every corner, level & find every item etc. to progress, you can even skip past some trainers if you don't want to earn xp, unless there's no way around them. Also stock up on repels, can't stress that enough.
Navigating outside of those aforementioned enclosed areas, it's usually pretty straightforward, well, not challenging or confusing in any way.
As for HM moves, it's simple stuff, most of them are earned after defeating a gym leader of a given town, and/ or allowed to be after defeating a gym leader. Some are given by NPCs too. You see a branch/tree that's blocking your path (to progress in the story), you have to get a Pokemon that could learn such a move -Pokémons can't learn all the moves- after that you go to that spot and use such move. Same for Rock Smash, Rock Climb Dig, Surf etc. Just skip non story areas unless you want to get a TM or item that's behind it.
My advice is to use a dedicated Pokémon in your party for such tasks, aka as an "HM slave", Mons like Bidoof, Linoone etc you can Google them and see which ones you can get in your game. HMs can be used endlessly as many times as you want, and since Mons can only learn 4 moves, you can swap between GMs as you see fit.
And of course, whenever you get stuck, lost or encountered challenging battle, check a walkthrough or guide online so you wouldn't waste your time/effort.
Hope that was useful to you (others too) in some way. :)

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am pretty concerned if you can't figure these games out since 1. they were developed for children and 2. Twitch plays Pokemon beat them by literally moving in random directs until eventually they just happened to beat the game

I suspect what's really going on here is the famous gen z lack of attention span, and that you lose interest if you can't figure out what to do for more than 2 minutes - and so you decide to play another game that's easier with more immediate dopamine hits

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am pretty concerned if you can't figure these games out since 1. they were developed for children and 2. Twitch plays Pokemon beat them by literally moving in random directs until eventually they just happened to beat the game

I suspect what's really going on here is the famous gen z lack of attention span, and that you lose interest if you can't figure out what to do for more than 2 minutes - and so you decide to play another game that's easier with more immediate dopamine hits
Watchu talkin 'bout, Fortnite and CODz R literally da best gamez ever! :angry:

Reactions: x65943

frozencat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

i do have pretty bad adhd lol i am concerned too i think its my adhd or bad memory
Post automatically merged:

I can't figure out Pokemon, as in, I can't figure out why people say it's a good game and not the steaming pile of shit that it is :angry:
cause psyduck is cute

I remember one time when I was playing Diamond (ir was it HG?) i didn't know where i was supposed (to go to progress in the story), but that was because i haven't played the game for a while and i forgot completely about that detail (where to go) because the game did tell me, so it's my fault really. Had to look around for a bit, revisiting routes, caves etc. til i found my way out of it.
Caves can be confusing to navigate through (dark caves too), along with puzzles, but you don't have to check every corner, level & find every item etc. to progress, you can even skip past some trainers if you don't want to earn xp, unless there's no way around them. Also stock up on repels, can't stress that enough.
Navigating outside of those aforementioned enclosed areas, it's usually pretty straightforward, well, not challenging or confusing in any way.
As for HM moves, it's simple stuff, most of them are earned after defeating a gym leader of a given town, and/ or allowed to be after defeating a gym leader. Some are given by NPCs too. You see a branch/tree that's blocking your path (to progress in the story), you have to get a Pokemon that could learn such a move -Pokémons can't learn all the moves- after that you go to that spot and use such move. Same for Rock Smash, Rock Climb Dig, Surf etc. Just skip non story areas unless you want to get a TM or item that's behind it.
My advice is to use a dedicated Pokémon in your party for such tasks, aka as an "HM slave", Mons like Bidoof, Linoone etc you can Google them and see which ones you can get in your game. HMs can be used endlessly as many times as you want, and since Mons can only learn 4 moves, you can swap between GMs as you see fit.
And of course, whenever you get stuck, lost or encountered challenging battle, check a walkthrough or guide online so you wouldn't waste your time/effort.
Hope that was useful to you (others too) in some way. :)
thanks alot man :) apprecaite it

like idk where to go, hms and stuff, confusing stuff yea anyone else feel like this fr
update, gonna try and play heart gold i think thanks for the advice guys :)

Reactions: CoolMe

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dunno man pushing a ball to get to a gym leader is pretty rough, made me turn off the game. Would much rather get a fireball up the butt and be told I suck at Mario.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Skill issue.

Jk, for real though, that seems like some serious lack of attention span. Some of the older games can be a little vague on what you need to do (Flash in Gen 1 stands out as being needlessly hidden/some of the Mt Coronet exits are annoying in Gen 4) but they mostly give you a pretty clear explanation of what you need to do next.

There's some old school Prima guides if you're curious to really dig into the retro vibe, or plenty of video guides that can help you get better footing on where you need to go

frozencat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Skill issue.

Jk, for real though, that seems like some serious lack of attention span. Some of the older games can be a little vague on what you need to do (Flash in Gen 1 stands out as being needlessly hidden/some of the Mt Coronet exits are annoying in Gen 4) but they mostly give you a pretty clear explanation of what you need to do next.

There's some old school Prima guides if you're curious to really dig into the retro vibe, or plenty of video guides that can help you get better footing on where you need to go
yea it is lol adhd and stuff fr trying to play heart gold rn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto