QCLasky

Pro cat lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello.
I have a switch oled with hwfly modchip.
It has an original 512gb SD card (I was using it on my old switch just fine) and it has latest hekate and atmosphere pre release (this issue happens since fw 14) and every time I turn my switch off, it just goes back to hekate, then I choose to turn it off. But when I turn it on again or just choose to load emunand or sysnand before turn it off it show the NOSD screen rocket

How can I fix it?
Same issue happens using another sd card
I believe my modchip is the one that cant be updated

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't. If you are using an OLED v3 chip that's what you have to deal with.

I owned a v3 OLED before (my first install actually), the console would randomly fail to glitch when cold booting (goes straight to ofw, led stuck at pink then goes out). It will also show the no sd screen randomly, but not as often. Luckily a reboot will fix the issue and it will boot back to hekate. Pretty sure the chip itself is not stable, nothing wrong with installation or sd card. Talked to the seller in china and they confirmed it's a known issue. Too bad you can't update the firmware on v3.

Just keep it in sleep mode as long as possible. Usually my oled switch lasts about 2 weeks on a full charge, and I keep it in sleep mode all the time.

Reactions: QCLasky

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can't. If you are using an OLED v3 chip that's what you have to deal with.

I owned a v3 OLED before (my first install actually), the console would randomly fail to glitch when cold booting (goes straight to ofw, led stuck at pink then goes out). It will also show the no sd screen randomly, but not as often. Luckily a reboot will fix the issue and it will boot back to hekate. Pretty sure the chip itself is not stable, nothing wrong with installation or sd card. Talked to the seller in china and they confirmed it's a known issue. Too bad you can't update the firmware on v3.

Just keep it in sleep mode as long as possible. Usually my oled switch lasts about 2 weeks on a full charge, and I keep it in sleep mode all the time.
Oh yep I have a v3 one, first time installing it bricked my switch, then I was able to restore with a nand backup and since then everytime I reboot from ofw I got this issue, I have to copy all boot contents to sd card again.
Also just to let you know, wanst me qho installed it and restored nand, I paid for a guy who know that stuff. Damn that v3 sucks, I have seen many people with different issues that uses this modchip too

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everytime I reboot from ofw I got this issue, I have to copy all boot contents to sd card again.
That doesn't sound right. If you reboot the console and it shows no sd screen, just power it off and on again. It should be able to boot back to hekate. You don't need to touch the sd card.

Also iirc the seller told me the v3 chip runs spacecraft 0.2.0, so it might have some sd card compatibility issues. Try to avoid samsung and kingston cards. I heard sandisk has best results but didn't really see much difference myself. Tried both samsung evo plus 256gb (orange one) and sandisk ultra 256gb (grey one), both would show the no sd screen 1-2 times out of 10 cold boots.

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That doesn't sound right. If you reboot the console and it shows no sd screen, just power it off and on again. It should be able to boot back to hekate. You don't need to touch the sd card.

Also iirc the seller told me the v3 chip runs spacecraft 0.2.0, so it might have some sd card compatibility issues. Try to avoid samsung and kingston cards. I heard sandisk has best results but didn't really see much difference myself. Tried both samsung evo plus 256gb (orange one) and sandisk ultra 256gb (grey one), both would show the no sd screen 1-2 times out of 10 cold boots.
That doesnt work. The first time I turn it off some seconds later it just turn on by itself and goes to hekate. I can just choose to boot it again (sys emu or ofw) or just turn it off.
If i turn it off, next time I turn it on, it will show the rocket image with no sd card.
Same happens if I choose to boot the system instead turning it off.
Then I have to copy boot files to sd again and everything work again since I turn it off and repeat steps
No matter how many times I turn it off and try to turn it on again, it will always show the rocket screen until I copy boot files again

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter how many times I turn it off and try to turn it on again, it will always show the rocket screen until I copy boot files again
Have you tried another sd card? Might be a compatibility issue. Also all files on the sd card are gone after the no sd screen?

Try not to insert/eject sd card all the time, the sd card slot isn't very durable on switch. Maybe you can update the sdloader file through hwfly-toolbox. It won't update the MCU firmware but only rewrites the sdloader payload on emmc. Might help with your situation, I tried before but stability seems unchanged. Eventually sold the oled console with v3 and got a flashable v4 chip.

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Have you tried another sd card? Might be a compatibility issue. Also all files on the sd card are gone after the no sd screen?

Try not to insert/eject sd card all the time, the sd card slot isn't very durable on switch. Maybe you can update the sdloader file through hwfly-toolbox. It won't update the MCU firmware but only rewrites the sdloader payload on emmc. Might help with your situation, I tried before but stability seems unchanged. Eventually sold the oled console with v3 and got a flashable v4 chip.
Yes I did try 3 different sd card. Also it was not an issue on my softmoded switch.
And no, every file was still on the card after this issue, but the switch cant boot, I think maybe it corrupt the boot file, idk
And my chip is a v3, I guess I cant update it, or I can?
Post automatically merged:

Btw I just find out that if I press the power button to turn it on, just after I choose to turn it off (before it turn it on again by itself)
I can boot any system without this issue.
I will have to deal with it always turned on or keep replacing files if some day I need to turn it off completely

Actualy I think I found a workalround to turn it off without corrupting files.
I still dont know why it keeps rebooting after I choose to turn it off when Im in the system, but it turn off on hekate menu.
All I have to do is turn off on system, then press power buttom before it reboot by itself then when Im on hekate, choose to turn it on..
A bit boring steps, but better than keep replacing files.
Doesnt worth for me to sell it and buy a new one, as I rarely use emunand.
But I apreciate your answer, maybe this post can help someone with same issue as mine.

Last edited by QCLasky,

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just in case (I don't know how is your hekate_ipl.ini, maybe it's already done)...did you try to set autohosoff to 2 in it ? :unsure:
EDIT : + updater2p to 1

autohosoff=2
updater2p=1

(I had to do this on my Switch Lite + SX Lite + spacecraft 0.2.1)

Reactions: QCLasky

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just in case (I don't know how is your hekate_ipl.ini, maybe it's already done)...did you try to set autohosoff to 2 in it ? :unsure:

autohosoff=2
updater2p=1

Thanks, I will check it and let you know

autohosoff=2
updater2p=1

That doesnt work.
It still reboot after I choose to shut down (its is normal I guess, happens on every switch witch modchip) but now it forces to shut down when it turn on by itself, that is what is triggering the issue, I cant let it do it or it will corrupt files.
I have to turn it on before the systems do, then turn it off.
Well.. I can live with that 😮‍💨😅
Thank you anyway, maybe my modchip is defective. My switch bricked the first time it was installed so I guess thats it..

Last edited by QCLasky,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1