PS1/2 Is it a good idea to always use and actual memory card with OPL ?

L3gi0n0fh311

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some games are incompatible with OPL's VMC, Is it a good idea to always use a physical memory card to increase compatibility ?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Yes.

I'm using a 64MB memory card from aliexpress (so not an original one) - with FCMB on it (was sold as "with FCMB on it") - and so far have had no problems with it.

Apparently it is possible, that parts of the FCMB install corrupt to an extend where it stops working, if something goes wrong saving games - so you are encouraged to buy two 64MB emory cards with FCMB on it or - one 8MB and one 64MB both with FCMB on it.

So - if that happens you can use one memory card to copy the FCMB installation back on the other one that might have corrupted.

I'm writing this as a hypothetical, as it hasnt happened to me yet.

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aside from compatibility issues that are one-off overall, do you guys generally prefer physical memory cards and managing that (thinking if I were to, numbering them with a label and keeping a running note of which game goes to which MC) or just all VMC on the HDD with OPL?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5