Homebrew Is installing DS Cias (like pokemon platinum) possible on new 3ds cfw?

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
thing is people made it so you can play 3ds games with no flash card why not ds
Hardware limitations. Emulating some thing isn't simple

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thing is people made it so you can play 3ds games with no flash card why not ds
And because the 3DS supports digital stuff natively

Reactions: CIAwesome526

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well it seems possbile if you patch twl firm so it can load games off the sd card and people are just messing around with dsi ware

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
well it seems possbile if you patch twl firm so it can load games off the sd card and people are just messing around with dsi ware
DSi Ware is different from ACTUAL DS games. DSiWare are usally more compact in size and have different file extension names o make up for the DSi's small internal storage

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
And DSiWare are compiled in a way they look for files in NAND and not card.

It isn't that simple. At the very least, each single game has to be patched, which is FAR from easy and EXTREMELY time-consuming if someone would actually care.

Last edited by TuxSH,

Ghost Liberator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
yeah off course, you can patch twl to load games off the sd card, now how do you make the rom load it's data from the sd card :P? the rom will still want to load data from a nonexistent gamecard, that's the thing it's possible yeah, but is not easy

Reactions: TuxSH

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
yeah off course, you can patch twl to load games off the sd card, now how do you make the rom load it's data from the sd card :P? the rom will still want to load data from a nonexistent gamecard, that's the thing it's possible yeah, but is not easy
The only way I see loading ROMs of an SD card is Nintendo releasing NDS titles on tge eShop and then injecting ROMz into it

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A DS emulator (DesMuMe?) port for 3DS is 100% possible. It would just be very slow. However, the 3DS doesn't play DS games by Emulating them, it loads them onto the hardware.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
like an emulator does it but

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

any way i don't really want to play ds roms just some thing like hans or cheats

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Google is your friend always. Im 16 and have a debit card.. its not difficult to buy flash card/carts, there is many online resources who sell them.

R4i-Gold_Pro_Kingston-4gb__04097_zoom.jpg
This is what my set up kinda looks like, although different SD Card.

Last edited by proflayton123,
Reactions: cvskid and nxwing

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$20 isn't that bad at all considering you can have the entire nintendo ds collection all on one cart. Looks like it even has a memory card with it.

Last edited by cvskid,

sigboe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Your profile says you're 15. That gives you three years to learn how to 'adult'. You should probably worry less about what your parents think and start exploring the wide world so you can be better prepared when the times comes and you have no choice.
Oh damn I wish the world worked like that!

P

PaiiNSteven

Ignore me, just throwing an idea out;
I found a link to the Wood R4 kernel compiled into a single .nds file. I'm planning on trying to put it into @Apache Thunder's nds homebrew thing. Would this work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-