Hacking Is dealextreme selling fake wiikeys?

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you just check their site?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for visiting DealExtreme
We are currently experience an unexpected hardware failure on our main web server and we are working 24 hours a day to fix it. ETA is March 22, 2007.

Current orders are being packaged and shipped normally so please do not worry.

In the meantime, please feel free to send questions to our alternative e-mail address at [email protected] for the time being.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not trying to be smart, merely helpful...

wovva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did you just check their site?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for visiting DealExtreme
We are currently experience an unexpected hardware failure on our main web server and we are working 24 hours a day to fix it. ETA is March 22, 2007.

Current orders are being packaged and shipped normally so please do not worry.

In the meantime, please feel free to send questions to our alternative e-mail address at [email protected] for the time being.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not trying to be smart, merely helpful...

I didn't see that actually - just been getting a 'page cannot be displayed'

I have emailed them and got nothing. I've sorted another chip and someone to install it this weekend. Just hope I get a refund.

If this is a reputable company I would have thought that they would have jumped on this quickly to avoid bad reputation

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I only saw one poster say that they were fakes. A few employees stating they were genuine and a bunch of other people just waiting on them. I'm waiting for more than one person to say they're fake before calling shenanigans.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Chinese business is all about flaming, defamation and background fights. With the Chinese, we all seem like goody two-shoes who just like building cheap products and copying existing products. But on the inside, business is very roothless and I'm sure Kai has no problem calling out 'fake' against his old partner.

Exity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If Dealextreme's is fake then most likely so is Kaidomain's since from what I read around most forums, they both get their stuff from the same suppliers.

I received an email from Dealextreme today saying that their Wiikey is real and if it wasn't I'd get a refund. I won't really know until I receive mines but going by how most people seem to say that Dealextreme is a fairly reputable online retailer, I'm going to take their word for it at the moment.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Caveat Emptor....remember that...

Their price of the WiiKey is just too cheap. Remember you can reference the price to other retailers and the numbers just do not match up. Their other stuff is so cheap because in general it is just cheap junk which is available in China for approximately the same price.

Just don't go whining if you find out their WiiKey is fake. They probably don't know better anyways. They are just retailers of 'everything'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool