Hacking Is creating/using emuMMC reallly worth it?

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hacking my second Switch, and followed the Homebrew.Guide as usual. This time around, I went ahead and created a emuMMC as suggested. But after booting into that, I found I couldn't install some games despite having a proper FW and sigpatch. My question; is it worth the space? I'm not really clear on it's purpose if I'm honest. And if so, should I just install games by booting into Fusee and then go back and use the emu?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Thanks.

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok. So more of a safe guard I assume? I'll just keep using it then. If I install via fusee, and play in emu, would there be any issues?

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks for the feedback. I might get a bigger SD card. Can I just copy/paste everything? Or do I need to start basically over again?

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you never got an online ban I would say it’s worth it. I got banned switch and a switch that isn’t banned. I’m keeping my other switch away from any cfw.

ewabc886

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Well i great thing about emunand is you can f*ck it up, but you can always without any probs make a new emunand
I use 5GB emummc in file format
the best part is:
whenever the emummc got messed up
I just delete the files and copy the 5GB good emummc files from PC to microsd
restore of system is done under 2 minutes

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
If you go online, yeah it sure worth it but if you will stay offline, it probably wont worth it. Just backup the whole nand before proceeding any hack.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
i think with older systems like wii, 3ds we have entry points that allow you to easily restore sysnands, switch we dont really have anything just RCM, but you can still cause damage that even access to that cant find, best stick with emunand, you lose 32gb of usable storage since you would otherwise have the extra sysnand storage to use, not worth the trade off imo

ewabc886

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
i think with older systems like wii, 3ds we have entry points that allow you to easily restore sysnands, switch we dont really have anything just RCM, but you can still cause damage that even access to that cant find, best stick with emunand, you lose 32gb of usable storage since you would otherwise have the extra sysnand storage to use, not worth the trade off imo
actually we can easily resize the emunand
the easiest way is to use SXOS to make a 5GB emunand

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hacking my second Switch, and followed the Homebrew.Guide as usual. This time around, I went ahead and created a emuMMC as suggested. But after booting into that, I found I couldn't install some games despite having a proper FW and sigpatch. My question; is it worth the space? I'm not really clear on it's purpose if I'm honest. And if so, should I just install games by booting into Fusee and then go back and use the emu?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Thanks.
it only takes about 3 GB. The rest of the space is available for installing games to. You're not giving up much space.

EmuNAND is very useful for keeping your sysNAND clean for online use in legit games, even if you don't care about that though, it makes it simple to revert to clean stock if you ever decide to sell the Switch, just take the SD card out and it's clean (uninstall AutoRCM first if you use it.
That's the biggest benefit, of course it adds a layer of protection against bricks too where you are not reliant on a NAND backup that can get lost.

ewabc886

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hekate is much easier to resize emuMMC with its slider option than SX OS.
I guess in some cases, the more choices to users make more confusion.
Some people don't understand the structure and names like partition, emunand, etc.

So I concluded the easiest way to make emuMMC is to start with fixed size of 5GB file format emunand from SXOS
then convert to atmosphere emuMMC
In this process the user doesn't even need to know the original size of the system, partitioning, etc.
And even if they messed up (not too badly), should not affect any data on the SD card or the system

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyY0Z_U09mk