Android Is buying a tablet really worth it?

Is getting a tablet worth it?

• Yes. Its a must have choice.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • No. I don't see the point of it.

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Imho, tablets are just enlarged phones without the phone bit.

It's good for being extremely lazy and surfing the web but do you really need it?
Theres's no physical keyboard or mouse, no real gaming capabilities.
Constandly holding it up will get your arms tired.

I prefer me laptop over everything.
It has more power then a tablet and the only downside is that you got a limited battery life and that it isn't as portable as a tablet but hey, it's faster to type with and better in multi tasking.
Besides you look incredibly stupid if you make a picture of something with a tablet out in the open.

Imho, tablets are gimmicks that are only used to draw some attention.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Imho, tablets are gimmicks that are only used to draw some attention.
So me using my tablet to share images with my grandmother without having to get her to walk up the stairs to my computer is just a gimmick?

I don't have any personal use for a tampon, but that doesn't mean it's a gimmick, because the world doesn't revolve around me.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So me using my tablet to share images with my grandmother without having to get her to walk up the stairs to my computer is just a gimmick?

I don't have any personal use for a tampon, but that doesn't mean it's a gimmick, because the world doesn't revolve around me.

A group of people with atleast 1 tablet taking a picture of something just looks off.

I'm not saying a tablet is completely unnecessary but outdoor use of it is just asking for attention.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not venting or angry.
It's just a odd sight and slightly annoying.

I got a perfect camera on me phone which is small instead of hughe which blocks the sight for others.
I saw a couple of people using a tablet on Gamescom and it's pretty annoying when someone holds up a giant screen in front of you just to take a picture.
Not only that but those people will be the first ones to get mugged cause a tablet is an easy target plus brings more to the crook then a camphone or a camera alone.

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those screens were from MXPlayer and HW+ decoding. When using SW decoding, audio is out of sync and choppy, even with 4 cores enabled.
:hateit:
Thats really weird , maybe try a different video player. They have to be .mkv files or there is no way they would come close to laggy. There is a VLC apk (a real android version not a remote or skin) out it is in beta but runs really well. It isn't on the market but a quick google search and you will find it, probably on XDA.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love my tablet. Just nice to have if you don't have a laptop and you like to have access to a 'computer' in all areas. You can do so much on a tablet you don't even need to turn on your computer most of the time if you're not currently into a PC game. I would say worth it. I had the Kindle Fire at one point, then sold it for the Nexus 7. The wait in between was hell for me, so I can't go without a tablet now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol