Is anyone working on a competitor to Citra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommanderCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Citra's kind of a grossly incompetent emulator with even more grossly incompetent people working on it. Was wondering if anyone else is getting the ball rolling for a decent-running 3DS emulator on PC which is more feature-complete than Citra is.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Citra's kind of a grossly incompetent emulator with even more grossly incompetent people working on it. Was wondering if anyone else is getting the ball rolling for a decent-running 3DS emulator on PC which is more feature-complete than Citra is.
I mean. if its that awful. just go get some real hardware. play the games and enjoy them. I dont think you're ever going to see anything else since there was never a need for them.

CommanderCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean. if its that awful. just go get some real hardware. play the games and enjoy them. I dont think you're ever going to see anything else since there was never a need for them.

I do have real hardware. I just need something for streaming/sharing purposes which isn't complete dogshit.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You always can open a IDE and start to coding to create a emulator for yourself. maybe create a Git store and put all the code you create from scratch for everyone to modify or take advantage of it.

go ahead.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Didn't the guy behind this retire?
He did retire the project in 2020 but resumed development a couple months ago after some new opportunities popped up. Mikage seems pretty far along now so I don't anticipate it will be a much longer wait.

Reactions: peteruk

CommanderCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He did retire the project in 2020 but resumed development a couple months ago after some new opportunities popped up. Mikage seems pretty far along now so I don't anticipate it will be a much longer wait.
Sweet. I'm looking forward to the fruits of his development if he manages to push a PC version out. Here's hoping that the end result meets the bare minimum standard that Citra's devs couldn't reach.

Reactions: zoogie

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta love the complaint of: isn't X terrible? Where can I find the superior hypothetical Y? Crickets.

It's "grossly incompetent," yet still hasn't been surpassed... Maybe if you complain louder a "more competent" version will materialize out of thin air.

Reactions: placebo_yue

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
It's easy to contribute to anything by providing helpful criticism. This isn't helpful criticism.

Now, the devs might not be people that can accept helpful criticism, but that's out of your hands.

IluaLinerin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I can't agree or disagree with your opinion of Citra, i simply use it an enjoy it, i honestly don't care about the developers of the project as i don't know them, but so far they managed to put a decent piece of software and are improving it even now.
If you want something else, get a New 3DS, and install CFW, there are plugins to stream it via local network to your computer of choice.
PD: If you are gonna throw shit to someone, at least back it up with something, anyone can say "X is dogshit, and the ones making X are dogshit too", but with no actual backing of actual facts about them, or their project (the project itself in this case is fine in my opinion), you just sound like a fool crying to the wind because you are upset and that sums well your post.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh, look. Another person that shits on emulators yet isn't capable of programming jack squat. Shut up and bring your piss somewhere else, you aren't welcomed here

Reactions: placebo_yue

Paralel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might want to explain your position? Besides only using OpenGL, there is nothing to complain about regarding Citra of which I am aware. The Devs have already explained, multiple times, that they don't have anyone on their team that can develop for Vulkan, so its not going to happen. If someone wanted to contribute to the project and write for Vulkan, I am sure they would be happy to have that person contribute.

CommanderCool

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why do you go around talking shit about others , when you can't contribute to anything your self?
You don't have to be a great chef to know shit food.

I can't agree or disagree with your opinion of Citra, i simply use it an enjoy it, i honestly don't care about the developers of the project as i don't know them, but so far they managed to put a decent piece of software and are improving it even now.
If you want something else, get a New 3DS, and install CFW, there are plugins to stream it via local network to your computer of choice.
PD: If you are gonna throw shit to someone, at least back it up with something, anyone can say "X is dogshit, and the ones making X are dogshit too", but with no actual backing of actual facts about them, or their project (the project itself in this case is fine in my opinion), you just sound like a fool crying to the wind because you are upset and that sums well your post.
I actually was wondering if anyone was working on a different emulator which is better and has more care put into it than Citra. Defending it or its lead developers is a weird hill to die on.

Last edited by CommanderCool,
Reactions: cvskid

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You don't have to be a great chef to know shit food.

I actually was wondering if anyone was working on a different emulator which is better and has more care put into it than Citra. Defending it or its lead developers is a weird hill to die on.
Yeah, but you can criticize an emulator without shitting on its developers. What the hell did you develop in your life? Oh, right. NOTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Werid went to put my ps5 ssd into my pcs m.2 bay and no detection