1. Michael18751

OP Michael18751 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This would be the best thing that happened to this game via hacking in my opinion. I just want to know if this is possible to get working on the New 3ds family of systems to make use of the 804mhz CPU and faster gpu. Would you use a gateshark code? Or would you need to edit the entire rom's animation files or events due to the framerate being tied to the engine...

Also I would like it if I would transfer my save to that rom hack and that it would be client only!

If I need to do work for this I'm completely new to anything 3ds hacking related.

I would 100% try my best to help with this because new leaf is my favorite animal crossing game :D

One more thing is the fact if animations would be at 30fps... That would be fine but it could be changed I think... Idk I'm a complete noob at this lol

If anyone can show me the ropes for this it would be greatly appreciated! This is only a suggestion and I only want to know if this would be possible to make like kaze did for sm64 .

And lastly how would I do this with patch 1.5? Is that even possible?

The best way I could think of is to simply make a gateshark code for 1.5 and patch out the camera framerate and gui framerate.

If you don't want to help or don't care
    just ignore this thread...

2. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    This is a straightforward option in Luma, specifically "Clock + L2". Apparently it makes a significant difference in the Pokemon games, though I doubt it would help much in Animal Crossing.

Also you posted about this two months ago already.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/animal-crossing-new-leaf-60fps-hack-code.545509/

3. Michael18751

OP Michael18751 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States

The fps is capped at 30 fps and also that thread was accidentally posted in the switch section. I edited the thread, asking for mods to delete it lol I'm new here XD

BTW using the overclock on my n3ds and L2 cache is enabled default on the 1.5 patch and honestly provides no difference to me. (the overclock not the cache... Never tested the cache off)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Since the overclock provides literally no difference the 60fps code/hack would take advantage of it.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Crossing, possible, romhack