OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
QUOTE said:
Huh? What are you talking about?

Also: No double posting. It's bad.
I got it about double posting. Wasn't intended - just was too tired that day. Anyway, I'm sorry.

About the loaders: I thought the AKAIO team was encrypting them and thus not updating that frequently because some Chinese guys hacked the whole thing to use with R4s. So now every AKAIO release is protected in a way which takes time and makes it more convenient to just update the whole AKAIO. Am I wrong about that?

If I am right I don't really get it. Just my way of thinking, but what's so offensive about R4 users using AKAIO as well? It's a non-commercial project anyway. But again - I might just not understand something.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Actually I believe that while AKAIO is in 'RC' (release Candidate) mode... Normmatt is only releasing AKAIO 'as a whole' to prevent any mixups between loaders and OS

There's been many times when people have complained that AKAIO wasn't working, but it was found out later that they were using 1.5.1 with 1.6 loaders (& visa versa)

Once the official final release is made ... then I guess the loaders will be updated individually to the OS

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meh I can wait, there hasn't been any games released that I'm interested in
wink.gif
The only games I'm looking forward to are B/W, that's a while away.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
Smiths said:
it's cancelled.

Norm's plane was shot down over Germany yesterday.

Have you read his will yet? I'll save you the trouble, he said just to send all of his completed, or semi completed works to me. He was a great man
biggrin.gif

McNA5TY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sucks. The official Acekard 4.22 fw to fix the bad 2.1 batch is a joke. I got five of these bad 2.1 carts. I'm using RC2 with 4.22 loader for all the games that are actually compatible with 4.22. If RC3 is cancelled would someone be able to get the beta loader? Just a thought.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
McNA5TY said:
This sucks. The official Acekard 4.22 fw to fix the bad 2.1 batch is a joke. I got five of these bad 2.1 carts. I'm using RC2 with 4.22 loader for all the games that are actually compatible with 4.22. If RC3 is cancelled would someone be able to get the beta loader? Just a thought.
Do that and AKAIO will be shut down for sure. Plus, no beta tester would give it to you anyway. RC3 is dead but AKAIO 1.6 Final is in development, just be patient. As soon as Normmatt is done kicking some ass, he'll go back to what he was doing before. Well his ghost will anyway.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
McNA5TY said:
This sucks. The official Acekard 4.22 fw to fix the bad 2.1 batch is a joke. I got five of these bad 2.1 carts. I'm using RC2 with 4.22 loader for all the games that are actually compatible with 4.22. If RC3 is cancelled would someone be able to get the beta loader? Just a thought."RC" stands for "Release Candidate", past Beta. Release order usually goes like this:
Alpha -> Beta -> Release Candidate -> Official Release

Also, no one really said that RC3 is canceled.
Smiths said:
it's cancelled.

Norm's plane was shot down over Germany yesterday.This is sarcasm.

QUOTE(Normmatt @ May 22 2010, 12:33 AM)
Lets just say that rc3 is no more and that I will release a new akaio when i think its ready.
This may or may not mean that there will be no AKAIO 1.6RC3.
"Let's just say"/"Let's say" is a figure of speech used to imply a hypothetical situation.
"Lets say I was a developer of AKAIO, I would do __________." That would be someone stating what they would do if, hypothetically, they were an AKAIO developer.
However, it could also mean that what Normmatt had planned to do is impossible for AKAIO 1.6/1.6RC# -or- something he has plans for would be better suited for a new version of AKAIO, like 1.7.

This is all just speculation to try to explain why people shouldn't be worried.
All bugging Normmatt about a new AKAIO is going to accomplish is getting him pissed off and have him not work on it.

McNA5TY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for rather long answer with definitions and hypothetical situations.
laugh.gif
I will continue to refer to my Acekards as the "bad batch" until a new AKAIO comes out that can handle them.
wink2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)