iPod Touch Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by CheatingSoi, Dec 30, 2008.

Dec 30, 2008

iPod Touch Jailbreaking by CheatingSoi at 11:44 PM (939 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. CheatingSoi
    OP

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    I just got a 16 GB iPod touch and am ready to start it up. I plugged it into pc, and it wants to update to 2.2. I want to hack the ipod but I dont really know much about it. Jailbreaking or whatever it is. I dont know if its ok to install the update or not. Id say not, but i dont know how to go about hjacking the ipod. Everywhere I go it seems it has to already be jailbroken to install something. How do you actually install the jailbreak?

2. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    Can somebody please help me. I've been looking all day and I dont even know where to start. I just want to jailbreak my iPod

3. Foxle

Member Foxle GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    hmm my friend told me there was, i mean, is there anything you can hack on it. If not, is there a jailbreak in the works? I still dont know if I should update as it may be best to have a lower firmware if there ever is a jailbreak

5. Foxle

Member Foxle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sorry, at this point in time there is no way to hack the latest iPod Touch, just the iPhone 2G, the iPhone 3G, and the first generation iPod Touch (the one -without- the volume controls on the side). However, the latest 2.2 iPhone/iPod firmware has been hacked, so you do not need to worry about updating your device for future hacking.

6. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    Ok thank you. I am perfectly happy with my ipod and will be patiently waiting for hack.

7. Prophet

Member Prophet Resident Black Militant

United States
    If a jailbreak arises it will most likely be the work of this gentleman. http://chronic-dev.org/blog/

He's a known fixture of the iphone/touch scene and is currently working exclusively on a jailbreak for the touch 2g.