• Total voters

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Buying either of them makes you a conformist, brainwashed part of the collective, and you fortfeit your soul to a faceless evil Corporation, but elitist hipster crap aside, you can get a 30GB Zune for $99. That sounds like good value for money.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
iPod - Simpler interface, smaller (physically), sleeker, non-sucky software, clickwheel, more harddrive space.

Zune- Shit interface, clunky, heavy, plastic-lookin', software is awful, smaller harddrive

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lump me into the boat of the "Neithermans"

I say go after an iRiver, Cowon/iAudio, or Archos product.

And you can throw Creative into the mix, if that's your cup of tea.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Lump me into the boat of the "Neithermans"Â

I say go after an iRiver, Cowon/iAudio, or Archos product.

And you can throw Creative into the mix, if that's your cup of tea.

I agree with the Archos and iRiver products (Haven't used a Cowon or iAudio).
I've got both an Archos 604, and iRiver somethin'-or-other.
They are both decent products and do there job well.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
its hard to suggest it because of the price vs memory comparison with other devices... but I love my iPod Touch 16GB. it's an amazing device. i'm always using the internet browser when on wifi, and watching video's on it's beautiful screen is great. but as said... 400usd (440cdn i paid) for 16gb is steep when compared to other options... but i'll never use all the 16gb anyway... so doesn't bother me.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With the iPod nano you can't change the battery unless you are an expert at soldering. The soldering points are really small. Even Apple say if anything goes wrong after 12 months its the battery
laugh.gif
Then charge you £50 for a £3 battery, and send you a replacement iPod with all your songs gone. The iTunes software is also terrible. I always stick to anapod. The best things about the iPod is the size and the click wheel.

I also have a 30gb zune. They maybe a bit bigger than the iPod but its easier to get used to. Using the click wheel on the iPod takes a bit of time to learn. The zune software is worse than iTunes. But when you get used to it and turn off the automatic sync it works well.

Like the iPod your stuck with the manufactures preferred video format. With the zune its .WMV. The zune software will only convert certain files to .WMV. So if your unlucky to have most of you movie/tv shows in xvid you need an alternative software to convert them. I use super as its free.

The zune is also due a firmware update that's going to add a load of new features to it. Hopefully they're going to update the zune software to make it easier to use. The zune you can change your own battery on. You've got to take the zune apart to do this, but that alone sells the zune for me.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
@adgloride: Been using anapod for a while now and the bad of it is, it'll fuck up the GB display. Meaning, it'll show the iPod's using about 99999 something million gigabytes, sometimes ~the same amount in negative numbers. It's not such an annoyance but well... Oh yes, and it corrupts newer iPods.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?