ipod emulation

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by psywolf, May 3, 2009.

May 3, 2009

ipod emulation by psywolf at 4:36 AM (958 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. psywolf
    OP

Member psywolf GBAtemp Regular

United States
    is there an emulator out there that does ipod touch games on the ds?

I just want to play tna the ipod game and can't because i don't own and never will and ipod

2. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    No. The iPod Touch is nearly as powerful as a PSP. Also, the iPod has a accelorometer, and a multi-touch screen. So again, no.

3. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    No, there will never be a Ipod emulator. The ipod is stronger then the DS. Its like expecting the DS to emulate PSP. You best hope is someone makes a watered down version of the game your looking for as homebrew or retail game.

4. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    lol, the ipod can only just emulate NES perfectly, it can run GBA at full speed with a few sound bugs but that's about it, as the ipod is alot faster than the DS, this will NEVER happen.

5. psywolf
    OP

Member psywolf GBAtemp Regular

United States
    oh well I just figured I'd ask because the tna mobile game looks really simple. maybe if I wrote tna they would be like good idea release our simple game on this multibillion dollar franchise called the ds/dsi

I mean I never thought I could get a perfect neo geo emulator on the ds and we have neods

6. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    neods isnt perfect

7. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    But NeoDS is still quite laggy, and the iPod is quite a different beast. Like. Seriously.

8. BakuFunn

Member BakuFunn Flameproof.

United States
    The whole architecture of the iPhone/iPod Touch is totally different than that of the DS or PSP.

A computer that is a couple dozen times faster than a DS cannot even emulate it that well. The whole structure of the processing needs to be translated. That is why in emulated DS games there are artifacts in the gameplay and major slowdowns/choppiness.

Also, about the iPhone being faster -
    Sure, the iPhone is faster, but it cannot replicate graphics even close to the PSP.
    The PSP's clock speed is indeed slower (333mhz) compared to

9. BakuFunn

Member BakuFunn Flameproof.

United States
    The whole architecture of the iPhone/iPod Touch is totally different than that of the DS or PSP.

A computer that is a couple dozen times faster than a DS cannot even emulate it that well. The whole structure of the processing needs to be translated. That is why in emulated DS games there are artifacts in the gameplay and major slowdowns/choppiness.

Also, about the iPhone being faster -
    Sure, the iPhone is faster, but it cannot replicate graphics even close to the PSP.
    The PSP's clock speed is indeed slower (333mhz) compared to the 667mhz IIRC?

But you have to take into account all the background processes, the game quality, and the graph