iPlayer out already?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Blue Zoidberg, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Blue Zoidberg
    OP

Blue Zoidberg GBAtemp Regular

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    USA, that big island near Cuba
    I was perusing Deal Extreme and found they had an iPlayer on sale.
    Is the the same as the mini-review from a few weeks ago? (I'm assuming yes)
    It's got open DLDI which is nice [​IMG]

2. elixirdream

elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2008
    Malaysia
    6th Dimention
    Yes this is the one

hahaha ~! finally DEAL EXTREME is selling at a reasonable PRICe
    well done DX!

3. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

Aug 27, 2007
    $35/£22 is quite expensive for something that does not play roms lol! [​IMG]

all flash cards are media capable anyhow ... so not going to rush to buy one at that price!

4. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 26, 2008
    United States
    Forman's Basement
    Eventually mainstream flashcarts will have this technology anyways, so I won't rush to buy this either. I'll just wait until someone like the Cyclo team releases something with the iPlayer technology and hopefully take advantage of Team Twiizers findings.

5. Eon-Rider

Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2008
    No they won't. The iPlayer is advantaged over the current flashcarts due to hardware, not software.

6. BoxShot

BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

Dec 18, 2008
    United States
    Middle of the ocean.
    When the Cyclo gets this hardware and uses it .... wallets will go empty. CycloDS(i?) + iPlayer tech which probably amounts to most of the card = probably $100 or more. Well that will put a hole in mine. [​IMG]

7. elixirdream

elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2008
    Malaysia
    6th Dimention
    hahahahaha~!
    i wonder how many of them would buy a iplayer + cyclo i kart if it cost more than 100
    most likely they will release 2 versions [​IMG]

8. BoxShot

BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

Dec 18, 2008
    United States
    Middle of the ocean.
    But your battery can only hold up for so long especially with that tech its more draining than a normal flash cart. [​IMG] Eh if you don't take your ds out of your house you are safe.

9. Maz7006

Maz7006 iSEXu

Aug 2, 2008
    I really don't see why i would buy this instead of converting my files to .dpg. Im using the imTOO DPG converter, and what can i say, its great. My audio is always in perfect sync with the video, and iv'e deliberately skipped back and forth through the video to see if the audio will 'break', but still it works fine.

I think i could live without buying this one.

10. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    somewhat useless to those who have a portable media player already

11. GameSoul

GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

Mar 21, 2008
    United States
    Illinois
    I agree on the battery life. If I can only play about an hour of media on my DS I wouldn't be very happy. If they find some way to get this working I'd definitely buy it.

My iPod got all washed up (pun intended) in the washing machine. It only flickers a dull light in the screen when I try to turn it on [​IMG] Charging it is useless. IM SORRY!!! [​IMG]

12. Blue Zoidberg
    OP

Blue Zoidberg GBAtemp Regular

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    USA, that big island near Cuba
    I'm wondering more if the extra processing power can be tapped by homebrew gurus. I imagine with an extra bit of oomph things like .pdf viewers and web browsers would improve.
    As for backup support, it's DLDI capable so isn't it possible for someone to write a loader?