iPlayer help

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by akiyoruno, Aug 15, 2010.

Aug 15, 2010

iPlayer help by akiyoruno at 1:15 PM (1,130 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. akiyoruno
    OP

Newcomer akiyoruno Newbie

United States
    Since it seems it'll take ages to search the topics for what I need, here goes.

I'm using iPlayer on a DSi XL. It has trouble reading a lot of times and I usually have to fidget with or try prying it forward or back while it's locked into the slot to get it to read. And then it sometimes only reads it for a few seconds... Now it's stopped upgrading or even reading it as having any programs in it even though I've loaded the necessary things onto the card. It has been a great item, but has just gone downhill since I received it. So now I fear I'm facing an iPlayer which has ceased to work in all ways. Anyone else have problems with iPlayer, or even tried it? Any stories would be interesting to hear, but most of all I'd like some feedback from those who know a bit more about it and who may have a solution. With that, I ask for any help, please.

2. edracon

Newcomer edracon Advanced Member

United States
    add condensation to the connectors (blow hot are from your mouth on it) sometimes connections can be bad like that.

3. akiyoruno
    OP

United States
    I tried that, but it doesn't make any difference. Anyone else out there have an iPlayer? I even tried it on my wife's DSLite and it's a whole different story. Just pops up the DS intro screen but all text is faded white and can't do anything. Not the DS's problem, it's the iPlayer. All DS game carts are working just fine on both DS consoles. So I'm wondering if other iPlayer users are experiencing a lot of difficulties or if I just got the butt end of iPlayer's deal? Is it worth getting a new one? Or go with something else? Or can this be remedied? It does seem cheap, though. What with the sticker covering the chips instead of a real full encasing. It's something like .5mm too thick, too, I believe. Perhaps that's another reason it's had problems working right? I dunno, yet again, this is why I'm asking for advice or knowledge.

4. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Actually, it sounds like the same story, it just shows up differently on a DSLite. That indicates the cartridge is probably not connecting quite right to the DS. The reason it freezes is the DS having trouble reading the cartridge.

5. halfwing

Newcomer halfwing Newbie

United States
    I just received my iPlayer in the mail.

I put Update.dat in the root folder, and _System in the root folder, however whenever I try too boot it up, it will bring up the Loading screen, flicker, and then freeze there.

Anyone know of a way to fix this.

6. akiyoruno
    OP

United States
    halfwing, that's another problem I kept having. It will constantly do that. You have to pry it forward or backward, or even eject and reinsert the cart until it shows that it recognizes the cart. Then just press A and hope and pray that it doesn't freeze on you. I sometimes was able to use it for maybe an hour without it freezing. Again, this is probably due to it being poorly built and sized. Does it seem a bit more thick or a slightly tighter fit in your DS than other carts?

7. Gh0sti

Member Gh0sti iOS Guru

United States
    trying putting some paper inb/t the cart and ds even with that extra cpu making it thicker some people with the scdstwo have had problmes like that, anyways when i got mine i had just dsi now i went through the update and everything played some movies and gba games it worked for me, if you still have problems just either return the item or get a new one

8. halfwing

Newcomer halfwing Newbie

United States
    Thats the thing. It reads just fine. I never had the DS NOT recognize the card. However everytime I load it it freezes.