Iphone 4 stuck in recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by mikey89, Oct 25, 2011.

Oct 25, 2011
  1. mikey89
    OP

Newcomer mikey89 Advanced Member

United States
    I tried to downgrade to 4.3.3 after stupidly Upgrading to 4.3.5 (was only making sure to protect baseband, forgot save blobs). So I tried to downgrade my phone cause there was a shitload of guides saying how you can do it without SHSH blobs. Now my phone is stuck in recover mode and i get a plethora of errors when i try and restore. when i do hard resetit goes to Apple logofor a while then back to recover mode. recboot wont work for me either. thx for the help in advance.

2. 1NOOB

Member 1NOOB GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    didnt know you could downgrade withiut shsh lol ... anyway i suggest you update itune and your ipod to ios 5 and wait for the next jailbreak(or use the semi-thetered one) , or wait for someone else to post a better option lol

3. Ron

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
  4. mikey89
    OP

United States
    Yeah, thats one of the first thing tried. Even put it in DFU mode with ifaith. Tried recboot but that just makes it change back to the apple screen then recovery again. fixrecovery doesnt even work for me. Yeah i thought of updating to IOS 5 cause thats probably the only one there signing now but i have a gevey ultra that i am trying to get t work with my phone;They say specifically "does not work with IOS 5". So i either wanna downgrade to 4.3.3 or go back to 4.3.5. thx for all the help in advance.

5. mikey89
    OP

United States
    So here an update of the situation. Redsnow say i have a 4.3.5 back up on Cydia So possibly i can use that to get my phone out of recovery mode. Just need to learn how to do it all. right now im still getting error 1 and 1394 when i try to restore in itunes(Dfu mode and not). Also i think possible my host files are messed up. Also another wierd thing is Ifaith and Tinyumbrella both say my iphone 4 is an apple tv 2( Do i have an apple tv firmware installed?).

6. mikey89
    OP

United States
    Ok so heres the second update. I went into tinyumbrella clicked fix recovery. Then exited and went to redsnow and re-jailbroke it, loaded cydia. then booted it tethered and now its acting like its doing a restore and loads the bar half way then goes away, then the bar comes back and starts loading again, then restarts at half way. plz help:( I need my phone back so i can stay in contact with friends.