BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a fix for this? My iphone is a 4, and it has iOS 5.0 jailbroken with redsn0w.
Its tethered right now, and i let it die last night. I charged it all night and planned to boot it this morning with redsn0w again but its not reacting to anything. I held the "hold" and "home" buttons for different increments of time, 10, 15, 20 seconds. i tried putting it into DFU mode and no luck, its just a brick.

EDIT: the backlight is on, i just realized this. Its technically "on" (?whatever the eff that means) but nothing else.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
how about you take it to an apple store?
they'll either manage to boot it up (and then they may say "sorry its jailbroken no warranty", in which case you dont care since they booted it up for you)
or if it doesnt boot, they'll probably exchange it...

Reactions: 1 person

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:( i have no apple store within miles. Its a good hour and a half to the closest one.

But wow that was one quick response. Thanks :)

EDIT i guess ill just wait for the battery to die. I might be phoneless for a couple of days.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUICK EDIT: You did of course try using RedSn0w to "just boot tethered" when on that black screen, right?

Anyway, try this trick to get it into DFU mode. First off, have the volume up on your computer so that when you plug in the iPhone you hear the "ding" telling you that a USB device has been plugged in. Plug in the phone. Make the phone reset by holding home+sleep for 10 seconds or so (you should notice it shutting off when the backlight goes off, then automatically rebooting). Let it get stuck at the black screen. Now hold the home and sleep buttons until you hear your computer make another "USB device plugged in" sound and THEN let go of the sleep button. Have iTunes open to see if you successfully got it into DFU mode or not.

This was the only timing that successfully worked for me when I got stuck in a reboot loop with my iPhone.

Note that I only have a 3GS so I have no idea if this will help you with your iPhone 4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill