KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Try this:
Download NDSMail (http://www.bronto-online.de/ndsmail.htm)
Copy to flashkit
Load it
Try setting up your account and downloading your emails
Try sending an email

If you can accomplish this without cutting your own face off in frustration, then I'll concede that the NDS' hardware isn't absolute shit.
You do know the main purpose of the ds was to play games and not any other stuff right?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Urza said:
Try this:
Copy to flashkit
Load it
Try sending an email

If you can accomplish this without cutting your own face off in frustration, then I'll concede that the NDS' hardware isn't absolute shit.
You do know the main purpose of the ds was to play games, and not any other stuff right?
Further proving you don't understand what we're even arguing about.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
KingVamp said:
Urza said:
Try this:
Copy to flashkit
Load it
Try sending an email

You do know the main purpose of the ds was to play games, and not any other stuff right?
Further proving you don't understand what we're even arguing about.
Ds was fairly price hardware for playing games. It wasn't made to sent some e-mail, be music player, video player and other junk.

All hardware cheap to make now for 3DS is for the games and it just happen to handle some of the other stuff.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
You're absolutely right that the NDS's hardware is shit. That's possibly the biggest reason Nintendo can continue to function under the rampant piracy the NDS currently has. They use good business strategies, and the fanbase takes care of the rest. However, the biggest reason the DS deserves the markup price is the fact that it's a dedicated gaming machine with superior controllability and outstanding IPs. iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone have absolutely jack in terms of recognizable mascots and a distinct lack of buttons make it undesirable to anybody who has played a dedicated system seriously. The PSP is not much better, it has buttons, and I would absolutely kill to have that new Tactics Ogre game on the DS as well, but they don't sell to anyone other than people who have played Sony in the past. The new casual market is pretty much cornered by Nintendo.

The thing is that the Apple tax on Apple products is not there because of outstanding quality and superiority, but because the people that buy them are deluded into thinking that there isn't a cheaper, better alternative. The people I talk about aren't like you (who have more than half a brain), but consumers in general.

TL;DR: Nintendo have better business strategies, and a better gaming system. Sony, have horrible strategies, and rely on software sale. Apple practically make money print with outrageous prices and a mindless consumer base who willingly pay for sub par quality (multiple times in most cases).

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
You do know the main purpose of the ds was to play games and not any other stuff right?
You just continue to destroy your own argument. Clearly, Urza and I have stressed that we are talking strictly about hardware. You're talking about the DS as an entire ecosystem that encompasses all the software (proven by the fact that you mentioned the word "games", which is software). This is totally irrelevant to the original point that Urza was trying to make.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
KingVamp said:
nutella said:
KingVamp said:
What has that got to do with anything? It isn't Nintendo fault they try to pull over tech stuff way a head of it time. Nintendo didn't go from gba straight
to 3DS, they wait when the technology cheaper to make. Pulling stuff together and pricing it fairly.

I mean Sony could have waiting when the time was right or actually price it at how much they had to make it at that time, which would have been over
$1000 dollars.
Which is exactly the point. Sony didn't mark up the price for their hardware, therefore selling their products at a loss. This means that PS3 hardware cannot be over priced, as they are selling them for cheaper than it was to manufacture it.

Meanwhile, Nintendo, as you said, waited until the hardware was "cheaper to make", as per your words. They sell their products at a higher price than it cost to manufacture it, thus marking up the price. Therefore, Nintendo products, looking strictly at hardware alone and nothing else, are more overpriced than Sony products.

When I said over price I meant Apple products not the ps3.

Sony is selling it cheaper now because all that powerful hardware is cheaper to make. If they went for cheaper hardware to begin with then they wouldn't
have to be selling at a lost like Nintendo.

If Nintendo didn't wait than the $3DS made after the game boy series would have be way more expensive. People well complain and would had to sell it
at a lose.

Nintendo doesn't go "Hey let slap all this nice tech together doesn't matter the cost", they go "Hey let slap this relatively cheaper tech to make
the customers happy and make a fair profit.
Try this:
Copy to flashkit
Load it
Try sending an email

email is an extremely basic internet service by modern standards, if that homebrew sucks then that's probably because DS homebrew generally sucks ass

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nutella said:
KingVamp said:
You just continue to destroy your own argument. Clearly, Urza and I have stressed that we are talking strictly about hardware. You're talking about the DS as an entire ecosystem that encompasses all the software (proven by the fact that you mentioned the word "games", which is software). This is totally irrelevant to the original point that Urza was trying to make.
What the games and his email just float in mid air?

So in other words email is hardware?

He using email(software) to say the hardware is bad because it may not be able to do it.

I'm saying it fairly price hardware was made to play games.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:

He using email(software) to say the hardware is bad because it may not be able to do it.

What Urza is trying to say, is that when compared to the PS3, the NDS is priced at a markup. Meaning the system itself is priced more than it costs to produce. I'm not sure where this argument came from in advising the 3DS vs iPad. If hardware is priced too expensive and they aren't making profit off of them because they're ahead of their time... Why would this influence anyone? Sure it may be better, but a system that can produce viable entertainment at a viable price point is infinitely greater than new hardware that is expensive to by and produce software for is just silly. The 3DS is gonna be the better system for dedicated games than the iPad hands down.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingVamp said:

No, Urza used software to demonstrate that the DS hardware is incapable to completing simple tasks, thus proving how limited the DS hardware actually is. You used software to justify the price of the DS, which has no relevance to Urza's argument, which I repeat, was strictly about hardware.

At any rate, before you continue to derail this topic, I would agree with Urza. The iPad and 3DS are completely different products. By the sounds of it, it seems the OP is leaning toward the 3DS, so why not get the 3DS if you think you'll be more satisfied with it.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nutella said:
KingVamp said:

No, Urza used software to demonstrate that the DS hardware is incapable to completing simple tasks, thus proving how limited the DS hardware actually is. You used software to justify the price of the DS.
Keep in mind though the DS wasn't meant to do simple tasks. It's meant soley for games. The DS isn't marketed as the all in one tool for your daily life, but the iPad is. Also, that is a homebrew, and should not be compared to actual professionally built software.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't waste your money on either. nut if I had to choose, I'd get the 3DS. you said it yourself, you already have an ipod touch there aren't many new features from the ipod touch. heck you could by two 3DSes with the money you'd use for an iPad2.

You'd be saving some cash and enjoying something new.

Vigilante

TempLurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheDarkSeed said:
I wouldn't waste your money on either. nut if I had to choose, I'd get the 3DS. you said it yourself, you already have an ipod touch there aren't many new features from the ipod touch. heck you could by two 3DSes with the money you'd use for an iPad2.

You'd be saving some cash and enjoying something new.
I find this the best anwser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning