Hacking ios249 error.

zynaps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really hope some kind soul can help me as im completely lost at the moment.

A brief history of where I am.

I had a go at softmodding my wii a while back, it didnt seem to work and at the time I was busy with other things so left it be. Have a little time again now so have re visited and I seem to have hit a brick wall.

I have a wii version 4.1e and this is where im at.

I have homebrew channel running fine, can run things from the sd card like loadmii wad manager etc, and it seems the bit I cannot get past is to get to ios249. It currently says im on ios36 and backups fail to load with a no cios present error.

I have tried to install dvdx again, but a it errors ( latest one downloaded from homebrew channel ) and it wont offer me the advanced 249 setting. I have tried to run cios patchmii and that gives an error too, think it was 1017 and dvdx gave a -1 error.

I have read loads of stuff about getting to ios249 searching for terms like ios36 to ios249 etc, but its just left me completely confused and im worried about going more steps back than I go forward. Im also concerned about running a potential one step solution when my wii is already part way there and that causing problems.

Is there a simple solution that I can take to get to ios249 and enable me to run backups from dvd disc? Do I need to give any more info as to where im up to, error messages etc?

Any help would be very much appreciated as im completely lost at the moment.

Thanks.

zynaps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, that info really helped point me in the right direction. I seem to have cracked it.

Many, many thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY