Hacking IOS202 Needed for DVD Playback in WiiMC

tonyrayo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, just modded my recently bought Wii (don't know why but I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the SNES, I have a version all of the handhelds short of the 3DS though) this weekend. I installed WiiMC via HBB and noticed it said I needed IOS202 to be able to play DVDs (I checked and I don't have that IOS installed, nor can it be optionally installed with ModMii - the program that help me do all the dirty work in the first place). Now I have a million other devices that can play DVDs, but just for the sake of completeness, can IOS202 be installed on my system and if so, would this fix the error I get on playback of WiiMC (using the latest build atm). If not I can just disable the "Play DVDs" icon in the options. If any further information is needed to assist just let me know. Thanks =).

loco365

Trophies
XP
tueidj said:
If it's a "recently bought Wii" it won't play DVDs no matter what you do.
...Unless he got it from a second-hand shop. If you bought a brand new Wii, it won't play DVDs unless you swap the disc drive with one from an older Wii model.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the last official WiiMC to use 202 was 1.0.6. we are now on 1.2.0. there is a 1.1.8 Mod beta which (re)added 202 support as well....

WiiMC uses AHBPROT [58]

Red_Gh0st

Trophies
Website
wiihacks.com
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
the last official WiiMC to use 202 was 1.0.6. we are now on 1.2.0. there is a 1.1.8 Mod beta which (re)added 202 support as well....

WiiMC uses AHBPROT [58]

Thanks for clearing this up. I never use WiiMC so I'm not very interested and what is added/removed

tonyrayo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did pick it up as a refurbished model (which means technically it could contain any drive inside), but according to the serial # and the Wii Drive Chip DB...
QUOTE said:
The Wii has a RVL-001(USA) model number and is produced for Mexico/Canada/USA. The copyright year is 2006.
There is a 100% chance the chipset is GC2-D4 on a smaller drive board.And yeah, it is using AHBPROT [58], what I was reading was the description off of HBB, which isn't up to date (as the program upgrades itself upon launch). Since I am running HBC (and most applications) off of ISO58 already I assume that I can go ahead and disable the DVD option in WiiMC (this was mainly an effort to remove one more remote, but I will live =p). Thanks for the help everyone.

Edit: Heh I must have missed this when I was reading the sysCheck readout on my TV, but looking at the .cvs file on my PC I just noticed this...
QUOTEIOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
It wasn't meant to be (I need to snag one of those Panasonic DVD-enabled Gamecubes =p).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi