Hacking IOS and cIOS installs

PuNN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a softmodded 4.0 wii. I update via nintendo to 4.2. I ended up with a currupted IOS 36. I used DOP MII to reinstall it and it worked. Then I used IndianaPwns to install the HBC, DVDX, and Bootmii (IOS only). I did a NAND backup and saved it to my PC. I then installed priiloader and configured it to block updates.
Now for my question:
How do I know wether or not I need to install any other IOS or cIOS files? I tried using WAD Installer 1.6 and after I chose to use IOS 249 it froze. Does that mean I don't have IOS 249? Is there a way to see what I need installed, or is there an "easy installer" type thing that just installs everything needed?

Thanks in advance!

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero said:
Restoring the Trucha Bug, Removing Stub IOS's, Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS
Run MMM [Multi-Mod Manager]
On the main menu, go down to select Install & Patch IOS36 and press A.
Choose Express Mode and press A.
Press any button to return to the main menu.
There's a guide taken from xzxero's thread. Use it to remove Stub IOS's and restore the trucha bug.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PuNN said:
I had a softmodded 4.0 wii. I update via nintendo to 4.2. I ended up with a currupted IOS 36. I used DOP MII to reinstall it and it worked. Then I used IndianaPwns to install the HBC, DVDX, and Bootmii (IOS only). I did a NAND backup and saved it to my PC. I then installed priiloader and configured it to block updates.
Now for my question:
How do I know wether or not I need to install any other IOS or cIOS files? I tried using WAD Installer 1.6 and after I chose to use IOS 249 it froze. Does that mean I don't have IOS 249? Is there a way to see what I need installed, or is there an "easy installer" type thing that just installs everything needed?

Thanks in advance!

not sure but i think u need to delete STUBS
they explain how to in here : [url=http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below]http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below[/url]
then install CIOSX19
if u still have problems, read that thread properly and u will see what is missing

Posts merged

spot on Scott, well donne

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kimikal27 said:
spot on Scott, well donne
Ha ha thanks, I guess this makes up for my fail in that other thread
tongue.gif

PuNN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG you guys and this site are the F'in BOMB! That was exactly what I needed. MMM even shows me what IOS files I do and don't have. Brilliant.

Once again, thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis difficulty meter is Stds like how south park made it race color
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah it's skin color for difficulty in south park

is it, by that logic, blackface to play on the hardest difficulty if you're white?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Psi, you ever been on a date and ran into another past date? And how did you handle it? Just curious.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He just says this is the neighbor across the block and says sorry their mail got mixed up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, this sounds unhinged, but someone (i forgot who) saying they'd want to make their left 4 dead team wario, samus, captain falcon and nester gave me the idea for a quick round of fuck marry kill/bed wed behead
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck marry kill:
    wario, samus, captain falcon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home