Hacking IOS and cIOS installs

PuNN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a softmodded 4.0 wii. I update via nintendo to 4.2. I ended up with a currupted IOS 36. I used DOP MII to reinstall it and it worked. Then I used IndianaPwns to install the HBC, DVDX, and Bootmii (IOS only). I did a NAND backup and saved it to my PC. I then installed priiloader and configured it to block updates.
Now for my question:
How do I know wether or not I need to install any other IOS or cIOS files? I tried using WAD Installer 1.6 and after I chose to use IOS 249 it froze. Does that mean I don't have IOS 249? Is there a way to see what I need installed, or is there an "easy installer" type thing that just installs everything needed?

Thanks in advance!

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero said:
Restoring the Trucha Bug, Removing Stub IOS's, Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS
Run MMM [Multi-Mod Manager]
On the main menu, go down to select Install & Patch IOS36 and press A.
Choose Express Mode and press A.
Press any button to return to the main menu.
There's a guide taken from xzxero's thread. Use it to remove Stub IOS's and restore the trucha bug.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PuNN said:
I had a softmodded 4.0 wii. I update via nintendo to 4.2. I ended up with a currupted IOS 36. I used DOP MII to reinstall it and it worked. Then I used IndianaPwns to install the HBC, DVDX, and Bootmii (IOS only). I did a NAND backup and saved it to my PC. I then installed priiloader and configured it to block updates.
Now for my question:
How do I know wether or not I need to install any other IOS or cIOS files? I tried using WAD Installer 1.6 and after I chose to use IOS 249 it froze. Does that mean I don't have IOS 249? Is there a way to see what I need installed, or is there an "easy installer" type thing that just installs everything needed?

Thanks in advance!

not sure but i think u need to delete STUBS
they explain how to in here : [url=http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below]http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below[/url]
then install CIOSX19
if u still have problems, read that thread properly and u will see what is missing

Posts merged

spot on Scott, well donne

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kimikal27 said:
spot on Scott, well donne
Ha ha thanks, I guess this makes up for my fail in that other thread
tongue.gif

PuNN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG you guys and this site are the F'in BOMB! That was exactly what I needed. MMM even shows me what IOS files I do and don't have. Brilliant.

Once again, thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo