IOS 236 installed? what did you do with it?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Hermpie, Dec 11, 2012.

Dec 11, 2012
  1. Hermpie
    OP

Newcomer Hermpie Member

Netherlands
    OK ive been reading all these threads for the last couple of days.
    A lot of them end up in discussions about IOS 236.

Please post your findings in this thread so its easy to keep posted on the latest updates.

Let's go hackers , install those Cios's :D

2. nitrate

Newcomer nitrate Member

United States
    It's not that easy anyway - Hermes and d2x also have to be updated first in order to get even more control about the console itself.

3. vegemikee

Member vegemikee GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Honestly, if I'm able to use the U Gamepad for my emulators then I'd be over the moon. Backup loaders are a thing of the past for me

4. muskieratboi

Member muskieratboi Rydian's got some competition!

Australia
    An IOS236 has been patched to work on the vWii so that it doesn't throw an error -1017 when installing channels. Thus, installing system channels, like the Wii browser/photo/etc channels now work, and WAD injection now works, so you can install Backup/Pirate Wiiware/VC channels.

However, due to minor hardware and software differences in the way vWii handles the disc drive, other cIOS like hermes or d2x need to be rewritten or updated to work on vWii, thus allowing for USB loaders.

5. Skeet1983

Member Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I know we can use cheats for Wii games through Gecko OS, but what about cheats in Wii Channels such as Mega Man 9/10 and other VC games?

6. muskieratboi

Member muskieratboi Rydian's got some competition!

Australia
    No idea, though SNEEK+DI seems to have been patched by Crediar, so the answer is probably a "Yes, but not yet." Wait for the code to be released.

7. driverdis

Member driverdis I am Justice

United States
    I installed a some fakesigned N64VC games,The Photo Channel 1.0(the one with MP3 support) and Internet Channel Via DOP-MII (These are not fakesigned, straight from NUS), and a fakesigned Check Mii Out Channel.(had to be fakesigned as the ticket for it has the console ID imbedded and needed to be zeroed out). also, some wads will throw error -1020 if they have console ID and will need to be zeroed out to work, even then, some of mine refused to work nomatter what(they work on my actual Wii tho)

thats what i did with IOS237

on another note, DO NOT move fakesigned channels,VC,or WiiWare to SD card, it will refuse to run or copy back to System Memory and will require you to reinstall the WAD to System Memory to use that Channel/VC/WiiWare.
    i am guessing a PriiLoader type patch is needed to fix this.