Introducing the NaMiiO: Yet Another Amiibo Emulator

NaMiiO.jpg
A new amiibo emulator called the NaMiiO has just been announced. It appears to look like and function more similarly to the MaxLander (Skylanders emulator) than it does with the Amiiqo which was the world's first amiibo emulator.

Unlike the Amiiqo, the NaMiiO has native support with Windows 7/8/10 computers and does not require the need of a NFC compatible phone. (Amiiqo can be used without the phone with the purchase of an additional cable.)

The following are the features of the NaMiiO, taken directly from their site:
・Support for Windows 7/8/10.
・No need NFC android phone.
・NFC backup system for Amiibo NFC game figures.
・Power cheat function for NFC game characters.
・USB connection for PC operation, just Plug n Play.
・Windows application software with Easily and Friendly API.
・Special Power token for character backup with unlimited time of backup/restore.
Package Included:
- NaMiiO x 1
- Power Token x 2
- Token holder x 2
- cover paper x 1
- USB cable x 1

It appears that the retail price of the NaMiiO is $65. There is only one reseller at this point, but expect more in the future. Also expect a GBAtemp in-depth review of the device once we get our hands on it.

:arrow: http://www.namiio.com

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
now we need cfw(?) or app to pirate all this amiibo....

im sure even this amiibo emulator clones will play dirty soon too..

i dont want my Wii U to be bricked.:blush:

BE ME NOT TO CRY! :cry:

Reactions: migles

AzureuzZetsunai

HAHA, 20!... i punch it!
Trophies
Website
hashtiv.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Looks like its a dead end for amiiqo soon
i don't know... i mean, they just re-branded their name and logos due to a C&D
http://www.amiiqo.com/

Quote:
We had to deal with C&D’s, our ISP shutting us down and then a lengthy legal process to ensure that we’re “doing the right thing” ™.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has little edge over the amiiqo, especially if you already own a smartphone with NFC reading. I mean, yeah it is better, but I'm not rushing to throw my amiiqo out to replace it with this thing.

Having said that, I have not used any of the happy home designer amiibo cards in my amiiqo (don't even have the game), if I were to, I'd probably store them on a separate chip because there are so many, so perhaps in that case I'd consider possibly getting myself one in the future.

Last edited by duffmmann,
Reactions: MajinCubyan

rashef

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Poland
I dunno. Seems to cost as much as Amiiqo (N^2 now it seems) with a PC reader which they are pushing into production. Seems to have 2 single amiibo tags (vs up to 200 switchable . even if you put just 3 there's still more value :P). The only edge over that other one I can see is having the cheats function (which i'm quite curious how it's using powersaves suite w/o being a device of theirs, which afair have unique serials you need to put in the app).

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what advantages does this have over amiiqo?

I'm still waiting on cheat support that amiiqo said they would implement months ago, but due to their legal issues they faced its understandable to not have gotten any support since then.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
So what advantages does this have over amiiqo?

I'm still waiting on cheat support that amiiqo said they would implement months ago, but due to their legal issues they faced its understandable to not have gotten any support since then.
Do you already have an amiiqo? If so then don't bother making the switch yet. Once I figure out more about the NaMiiO I'll be able to provide more insight!

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you already have an amiiqo? If so then don't bother making the switch yet. Once I figure out more about the NaMiiO I'll be able to provide more insight!
Thanks. I'm happy with my amiiqo as it does everything I want it to do. If they can just add cheat support it will be perfect in my book.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If there will be an open source NFC amiibo, all of these commercial products would die instantly.
Especially if we use arduino or rpi or something else, those are definitely cheaper than these commercial products. hahaha.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Nice to see more Amiibo stuff :) (but i want such thing for Disney Infinity 1, 2 and 3 )
You know I always thought I'd never get into this toys to life nonsense. Then I got my son Disney Infinity 3.0 Special Edition for PS4 and since then I've become kind of obsessed with getting more figures for the game. Yesterday I bought 6 more from amazon.fr as they have a promotion on that was too good to pass up and then last night I preordered the Kylo Ren figure which releases on the 18th. After that I realized I was doing all this for myself. My son is 6, he doesnt care whether he has 2 figures or 10, as long as he can play the game.
Please help me stop this madness!

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My breath is bated. I already have an amiiqo but my girlfriend has pretty much stolen it from me. With my sisters destroying my actual amiibos (sad, sad days, never babysitting them at my house again...) and my other problem, this could be pretty awesome for me. I wanna train my Mario amiibo more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021