Introducing Recom, a comprehensive and superior compression format.

Qriist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems awesome...excuse my n00bness, but this is just for archiving, right? Obviously none of the USB loaders support loading a Wii game like this, right?
Just for archiving, indeed. But with the unRecom you can select one or many ISOs within a folder and you will have perfectly uncompressed files within a short amount of time.

Reactions: 1 person

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i extracted it with winrar and got this in the winrar dialog box thing:

! C:\Users\Poseidon\Downloads\Recom+2012-01-08.7z: Unknown method in Recom\RecomTools\Compile32.bin
! C:\Users\Poseidon\Downloads\Recom+2012-01-08.7z: Unknown method in Recom\RecomTools\Compile64.bin
! C:\Users\Poseidon\Downloads\Recom+2012-01-08.7z: Unknown method in Recom\RecomTools\index.bin

Qriist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i extracted it with winrar and got this in the winrar dialog box thing:

! C:\Users\Poseidon\Downloads\Recom+2012-01-08.7z: Unknown method in Recom\RecomTools\Compile32.bin
! C:\Users\Poseidon\Downloads\Recom+2012-01-08.7z: Unknown method in Recom\RecomTools\Compile64.bin
! C:\Users\Poseidon\Downloads\Recom+2012-01-08.7z: Unknown method in Recom\RecomTools\index.bin

D

Deleted_171835

Although I wasn't able to get this to work with my Prime Trilogy .wia file.

soulx, what issue were you having, specifically? I just double checked and WIA format files work perfectly fine as input.
Well I should have clarified. I was having a problem with the file uploaded at bg. It would stay stuck at the command prompt window.

I tried it out with the file uploaded here and got this error.
KXaMQ.png

Although I assume that it's because I'm running a 32-bit version of Windows (shouldn't even be trying to run this on this crappy computer).

Qriist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for this stupid question and no disrespect and offense intended, but isn't it easier to just use Wiimm's tools? :unsure:

This makes use of Wiimm's tools, yes. That said, my commands specifically filter the updates (picked up in xdelta) and also do many checks to ensure data isn't lost. (Commands built into wit but that would be tedious to do over and over and over.) Also, clearly, there are an extensive amount of more wide-scope features.

Qriist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New updated. Soulx, I think this will fix your problem.

=2012-01-15=
[Recom] Enhancement: Recom will now search for all the ReDump sub-zips inside the Recom root folder.
[Recom] Fix: Recom.exe will now properly call Alias when asked to.
[Recom] Fix: Fixed an issue for 32-bit users.
[Recom] Feature: Enabled the Open Torrent Trackers, this will consolidate all open trackers into one torrent (without private flag) for easy distribution. You can add new keys/trackers as desired.
[Recom] Enhancement: Found a way to change torrent trackers on commandline. This allows private-flagged torrents to be just ONCE, and all trackers will be copied, in turn, to a new specific torrent. You can add new keys/trackers as desired
[Recom] Feature: You can optionally use trackon.org to add new trackers to your open torrents. This calls to the internet so it is disabled by default.
[Recom] Feature: You can specify open/private/both/none to make (or not make) torrents as you choose.

D

Deleted_171835

New updated. Soulx, I think this will fix your problem.

=2012-01-15=
[Recom] Enhancement: Recom will now search for all the ReDump sub-zips inside the Recom root folder.
[Recom] Fix: Recom.exe will now properly call Alias when asked to.
[Recom] Fix: Fixed an issue for 32-bit users.
[Recom] Feature: Enabled the Open Torrent Trackers, this will consolidate all open trackers into one torrent (without private flag) for easy distribution. You can add new keys/trackers as desired.
[Recom] Enhancement: Found a way to change torrent trackers on commandline. This allows private-flagged torrents to be just ONCE, and all trackers will be copied, in turn, to a new specific torrent. You can add new keys/trackers as desired
[Recom] Feature: You can optionally use trackon.org to add new trackers to your open torrents. This calls to the internet so it is disabled by default.
[Recom] Feature: You can specify open/private/both/none to make (or not make) torrents as you choose.
Well I was able to run Recom Initilization.
nvIoT.png

But when I tried running Recom.exe, I got this error.
3xyZU.png

Qriist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not right... Run the Initialization again and see what happens. In the meantime, any other x86 users want to confirm this result, please?

Qriist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I know this is super old and I haven't been on, but I don't have my source code anymore and the links are dead. Could someone repost this for me?

Qriist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That aside, looking for my code. :-/

I've rebuilt and enhanced many parts of it, but it would be a huge boon to see some parts of my old source.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?