Introducing NINJHAX - A Nintendo 3DS Homebrew Exploit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiiro_Yakumo

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
I have already compiled some homebrew!
Wait what O_O
In that case I'm starting search for all the homebrew information, ALL of it!
BTW Checked that Chat Roulette, sorry for mixing two things up, still good idea.

Ps2 and GC? no way.
I wouldn't cross it out yet, everything up to generation 5 should be possible with little to nothing effort, sixth generation is questionable but maybe maybe...

The question for remaining 5 days in everybody heads is "which game" XD

MaK11-12

Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
Wait what O_O
In that case I'm starting search for all the homebrew information, ALL of it!
I wouldn't cross it out yet, everything up to generation 5 should be possible with little to nothing effort, sixth generation is questionable but maybe maybe...

I also would like to know if there is something like DevkitPro for the 3DS, or if there is a template we could use to begin programming for the 3DS.

Also, I don't think PS2 emulation will be possible at all on the 3DS. I'm sure the ARM11 CPU in the 3DS may be overclocked, but even still.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did i read that right? Is the hbl installed onto the system with ssspwn? If that is the case doesnt that mean ssspwn has somekind kernal access?

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't count on PSX, the only reason the PSP could do it was because it was developed to play PSOne games by Sony.

I don't know why you guys think the 3DS could ever run GC or PS2 games, that is definitely a ways off. But I'd be satisfied with some solid NES/SNES/GBA emulators.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wouldn't count on PSX, the only reason the PSP could do it was because it was developed to play PSOne games by Sony.

I don't know why you guys think the 3DS could ever run GC or PS2 games, that is definitely a ways off. But I'd be satisfied with some solid NES/SNES/GBA emulators.

PSX can be a thing, probably won't run really heavy games, but even a RaspPi can run PSX well.

Reactions: Sonicx64

Raverrevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there no love for the virtual boy in this thread?
I really hope somebody will develop a virtual boy emulator with 3d support one day. The only other decent one I know is available for wii, but to experience 3d you need those crappy red/blue 3D paper glasses, which isn't too nice.

:'(, I read through 17 pages of this thread just to see if someone was going to mention this. Absolutely no love for Virtual Boy. In my book this is the top emulator that I want for 3ds homebrew and yet SNES, NES, etc have been mentioned multiple times.

To be able to play Wario Land in 3d without the need to put your face in something and sit awkwardly is the biggest thing to hit both 3ds and Virtual Boy homebrew communities.

People, there are many awesome Virtual Boy games out there that you've never been given a chance to play and now the portal is being close to be opened. I'm very excited!!

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
I think my question got burried so I repost it here:

"By 'custom games' I assume you mean ROM Hacks.

How will these be possible if a Riivolution/Gecko/AR type thing cannot be made and hacked ROMs cannot be played?"

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think my question got burried so I repost it here:

"By 'custom games' I assume you mean ROM Hacks.

How will these be possible if a Riivolution/Gecko/AR type thing cannot be made and hacked ROMs cannot be played?"

I don't know about a Riivolution type thing being impossible to do. It seemed impossible on Wii for a while.

Ok so real question is can I use gateway to install ;)

It's supposed to be a cheap game, just buy it this once.

Reactions: Hiccup

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
What about gecko/ocarina/AR/ or gecko-file-patch?

Is it possible to play hacked ROMs with this exploit? I mean, piracy is not exactly needed for that, maybe you could be made to put a genuine card in to prove you own it :P.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone can make a fake video and fake pics.
As he keeps delaying it I still call it fake until I get a release.

I'm still betting he will not release it and delay it again proving me right that it is a fake.

No notice of delays and a public release date from a GBATemp Staff and you still think it is fake?

Reactions: zero2exe and Hiccup

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am sure that it was confirmed to be usermode some pages ago. That is why it also can't run ROMs.
It cant run Roms nativley as far as I understand but someone who know what s/he does could run Roms, ergo it has to be more then just Userland

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It cant run Roms nativley as far as I understand but someone who know what s/he does could run Roms, ergo it has to be more then just Userland

Directly from Smea's Dev blog.
To release or not to release

Generally speaking, the thing that’s been stopping me (and others) from releasing working exploits has been the fact that they might be used for piracy. Fortunately, that should not be a factor in this case, as by its very nature, ssspwn can not by itself allow piracy. That’s right, it’s the sweet spot that gives us just enough to get awesome homebrew code running in arm11 user mode, but not enough to break the system bad enough to let anyone do whatever the hell they want. As such, I personally have no qualms with releasing the exploit into the wild.
You might be wondering why there isn’t a download link available yet. The reason for that is that, as I mentioned, ssspwn has yet to be fixed. In my opinion, it would be dumb to burn such a nice vuln on just 6.3 when we know full well that we should be able to use this on 7.x, and possibly even 8.x+ with some work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: In the early morning I got a fever and on top of that I can't stop thinking about killing...