tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Tempers! Tiny here!

I've got a little challenge for some of you!

Task: Your task is to create a little intro video for my game reviews! I just want something I can put at the beginning of my reviews so I can be a bit more professional :3 I would honestly do this myself but I have not the resources or skillz to do so at this moment. So asking for your guyses help is the only thing I can do right now!

Requirements: Not much requirements because I don't want to limit your creativity but:
1. Must include "TinyReviews" somewhere (as that is my youtube channel).
2. Must not exceed 30 seconds in length.
3. Needs sound. (Please, not copyrighted music though!) Kudos if you can create a theme song
biggrin.gif

4. Also, please note that I'm not sure I will be limited to DS reviews in the future, so you don't have to specifically only say DS reviews!
5. Video quality: Video size must be 640x480, .mpg, .wmv .avi or .mp4 extension is accepted. Preferred to be in DivX/XviD in a .avi extension of h.264 in a .mp4 extension.
Optional:
- Intro can lead up to a "presenting..." screen where I will just add in a screenie or something as a title screen for the current review.

There are really no limitations to the style or anything (it could be a flash animation for all I care); it just has to look presentable and hooking (like attention grabbing)!

Prizes: I don't have that much to offer (since I am a poor almost-college student), but I do have a SCDS1 (Supercard DS ONE) I'm willing to give away as a prize to whoever makes the intro vid I like the most! Notice I didn't say best because who am I to judge your video making skills?
EDIT: There will be two winners, a first place winner, and then a runner up! The winner will get to choose from either the SCDS1 or the $10 coupon towards Shoptemp and the runner up will receive whatever is not picked!

Deadline: July 31st! You guys have a whole full month to create this! Goodluck and have fun!

How do I submit? Good question! You can upload it to a video service (like youtube) and post the video in this thread. Or, you can just PM the link to me.

I want to make it fair so I'm going to say one entry per person. But I'm going to let people post up as many as they want before the deadline (but if there's more than one entry when the deadline hits, I'm only going to take their first entry) so that they can get other's (and mine) opinions and be able to revise/choose. I'll give anyone suggestions if they ask.

If you have any questions, please do ask! If you need to ask if I like a certain song, or anything regarding my personal taste, don't hesitate!

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
B-b-b-b-b-but i just got my DSONE today D:<

Oh well.... i am not great. i cannot ever edit my own videos
tongue.gif
i just re-take them till its perfect

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Teehee, good news! Shoptemp (Costello actually) has generously offered a $10 coupon towards Shoptemp! So now, there will be two winners! The first place winner will pick either the SCDS1 OR the $10 coupon. And then the runner up will get whatever the first place winner did not pick! That will, people will have more chances of winning and I might like more than one intro vid :]

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I can compose the theme song, no problem... I'm burned out working with videos, though. I don't want to handle that kind of job for a while.

In case anybody comes up with a cool video but can't compose, shoot me a PM... we can work some weird prize split up, possibly?

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I may contribute, but I don't care for a reward.

Also, expect a ton of crappy "After-Effected" videos that plagiarize tutorials from videocopilot. I see that all too often and it makes me sick.

Good luck on finding a winner.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
this is a good idea Tinymonkeyt !
but I don't think I would have time and skills to do anything
frown.gif

though, I would have loved to make something like a French TV video gaming channel :
they made a short intro (20sec) in retro gaming style.

I wish good luck to all participants and wait to see what will be created
smile.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm... I'll try to come up with something good, hopefully I'll be back from France before August.

If I win (
smileipb2.png
), I'll consider myself the luckiest person on this planet give the DSONE (or the $10) to someone else again.

Good luck to all contestants!
smile.gif

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
juggernaut911 said:
Also, expect a ton of crappy "After-Effected" videos that plagiarize tutorials from videocopilot. I see that all too often and it makes me sick.
I haven't seen this happen anywhere, but I also haven't looked for it. I did see it one time though, however, it was to show the outcome of a tutorial.
I don't think it's bad to use something from a tutorial though. I mean, most people don't know how to use AfterEffects.
Screw that, they just need to play around with the effects like I do.
lecture.gif

Anyway, I don't know if I'm joining this competition... school shizzle, ya'know?

G

GentleFist

well if you use a tutorial as a tutorial i dont see anything wrong with it~

but its a different thing if you use it as a template~

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
GentleFist said:
but its a different thing if you use it as a template~
That's what I'm talking about. People always change NOTHING but maybe text (stupid name). It really frustrates me when I work my but off not using guides to figure out how to do some cool things and some ass holes jump in using Andy Kramer stuff like they just did 5 tutorials for a 1 minute video, poorly done if I do say so myself, and win the competition (district comp won by noob retard).

Oooh yeah, and use Windows Movie Maker if you want to win. That's some Hollywood shit right there. :melow:

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Lets try and get the discussion back on topic, and away from complaining about entries that haven't even been created yet and videos made for other competitions shall we?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Might give this a try, will have to download a few of your vids for footage. I'm not too good with nicely fonted titles though so what I do make will be thrown together on Photoimpact.

heavyknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Questions - Personal taste in BGM? (From Anime-related to Sonic's vocals to just about anything, included) Just curious~
Submission question, can one entry be entered as one but contain multiples? Need a little clarification.
IE -
[15 Seconds/Intro 1] -> [15~30 Seconds/Intro 2] -> [Intro 3] -> 4 -> So on. Also, one entry only or a maximum number?

I'm a bit of a resourcer but lack skills/haven't really tried anything. This seems like it'll be fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night.