Intro Vid Competition

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by tinymonkeyt, Jul 2, 2010.

Jul 2, 2010

Intro Vid Competition by tinymonkeyt at 11:40 PM (8,051 Views / 0 Likes) 87 replies

1. tinymonkeyt
    OP

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    Hello Tempers! Tiny here!

I've got a little challenge for some of you!

Task: Your task is to create a little intro video for my game reviews! I just want something I can put at the beginning of my reviews so I can be a bit more professional :3 I would honestly do this myself but I have not the resources or skillz to do so at this moment. So asking for your guyses help is the only thing I can do right now!

Requirements: Not much requirements because I don't want to limit your creativity but:
    1. Must include "TinyReviews" somewhere (as that is my youtube channel).
    2. Must not exceed 30 seconds in length.
    3. Needs sound. (Please, not copyrighted music though!) Kudos if you can create a theme song [​IMG]
    4. Also, please note that I'm not sure I will be limited to DS reviews in the future, so you don't have to specifically only say DS reviews!
    5. Video quality: Video size must be 640x480, .mpg, .wmv .avi or .mp4 extension is accepted. Preferred to be in DivX/XviD in a .avi extension of h.264 in a .mp4 extension.
    Optional:
    - Intro can lead up to a "presenting..." screen where I will just add in a screenie or something as a title screen for the current review.

There are really no limitations to the style or anything (it could be a flash animation for all I care); it just has to look presentable and hooking (like attention grabbing)!

Prizes: I don't have that much to offer (since I am a poor almost-college student), but I do have a SCDS1 (Supercard DS ONE) I'm willing to give away as a prize to whoever makes the intro vid I like the most! Notice I didn't say best because who am I to judge your video making skills?
    EDIT: There will be two winners, a first place winner, and then a runner up! The winner will get to choose from either the SCDS1 or the $10 coupon towards Shoptemp and the runner up will receive whatever is not picked!

Deadline: July 31st! You guys have a whole full month to create this! Goodluck and have fun!

How do I submit? Good question! You can upload it to a video service (like youtube) and post the video in this thread. Or, you can just PM the link to me.

I want to make it fair so I'm going to say one entry per person. But I'm going to let people post up as many as they want before the deadline (but if there's more than one entry when the deadline hits, I'm only going to take their first entry) so that they can get other's (and mine) opinions and be able to revise/choose. I'll give anyone suggestions if they ask.

If you have any questions, please do ask! If you need to ask if I like a certain song, or anything regarding my personal taste, don't hesitate!

2. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    B-b-b-b-b-but i just got my DSONE today D:<

Oh well.... i am not great. i cannot ever edit my own videos [​IMG] i just re-take them till its perfect

3. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    I might try. I mean, I could always use another flashcart for my collection :3

4. kiafazool

Member kiafazool GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    will try to enter the contest
    will start tommorow

5. tinymonkeyt
    OP

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    Teehee, good news! Shoptemp (Costello actually) has generously offered a $10 coupon towards Shoptemp! So now, there will be two winners! The first place winner will pick either the SCDS1 OR the $10 coupon. And then the runner up will get whatever the first place winner did not pick! That will, people will have more chances of winning and I might like more than one intro vid :]

6. MarkDarkness

Member MarkDarkness Deliverator

Poland
    I can compose the theme song, no problem... I'm burned out working with videos, though. I don't want to handle that kind of job for a while.

In case anybody comes up with a cool video but can't compose, shoot me a PM... we can work some weird prize split up, possibly?

7. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    I may contribute, but I don't care for a reward.

Also, expect a ton of crappy "After-Effected" videos that plagiarize tutorials from videocopilot. I see that all too often and it makes me sick.

Good luck on finding a winner.

8. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    this is a good idea Tinymonkeyt !
    but I don't think I would have time and skills to do anything [​IMG]
    though, I would have loved to make something like a French TV video gaming channel :
    they made a short intro (20sec) in retro gaming style.

I wish good luck to all participants and wait to see what will be created [​IMG]

9. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Hmm... I'll try to come up with something good, hopefully I'll be back from France before August.

If I win ([​IMG]), I'll consider myself the luckiest person on this planet give the DSONE (or the $10) to someone else again.

Good luck to all contestants! [​IMG]

10. Chaosruler

Member Chaosruler GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    Tiny you are the only person right now giving SCDS1 as a prize, recently I've seen too many SCDS2 raffles x)

11. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    Why is everyone into giving recently?

I might enter if I think of a good idea, but chances are I won't, good luck [​IMG]

12. riverchen

Member riverchen GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yay! I want another flashcart for my fail R4ui! Placeholder for vid here.

13. Berthenk

Member Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

Netherlands
    I haven't seen this happen anywhere, but I also haven't looked for it. I did see it one time though, however, it was to show the outcome of a tutorial.
    I don't think it's bad to use something from a tutorial though. I mean, most people don't know how to use AfterEffects.
    Screw that, they just need to play around with the effects like I do. [​IMG]

Anyway, I don't know if I'm joining this competition... school shizzle, ya'know?

14. GentleFist

GentleFist Newbie

well if you use a tutorial as a tutorial i dont see anything wrong with it~

but its a different thing if you use it as a template~

15. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    That's what I'm talking about. People always change NOTHING but maybe text (stupid name). It really frustrates me when I work my but off not using guides to figure out how to do some cool things and some ass holes jump in using Andy Kramer stuff like they just did 5 tutorials for a 1 minute video, poorly done if I do say so myself, and win the competition (district comp won by noob retard).

Oooh yeah, and use Windows Movie Maker if you want to win. That's some Hollywood shit right there. :melow:

16. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Lets try and get the discussion back on topic, and away from complaining about entries that haven't even been created yet and videos made for other competitions shall we?

17. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Might give this a try, will have to download a few of your vids for footage. I'm not too good with nicely fonted titles though so what I do make will be thrown together on Photoimpact.

18. gigsniper

Newcomer gigsniper Member

United States
    So all we gotta do is make a youtube video and post it here or PM her??

19. waffle1995

Member waffle1995 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    how many different videos can we submit.
    im pretty good at making intro but barely have time these day

20. heavyknight

Member heavyknight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Questions - Personal taste in BGM? (From Anime-related to Sonic's vocals to just about anything, included) Just curious~
    Submission question, can one entry be entered as one but contain multiples? Need a little clarification.
    IE -
    [15 Seconds/Intro 1] -> [15~30 Seconds/Intro 2] -> [Intro 3] -> 4 -> So on. Also, one entry only or a maximum number?

I'm a bit of a resourcer but lack skills/haven't really tried anything. This seems like it'll be fun.