Intimidator88

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i have a interview for a great job here in about 5 hours and need little help with a certain question! Ive had a interview before with a different department in this company and it was what are my weaknesses lol It threw me for a loop that i couldnt give them a good answer and i feel as though this hurt me from getting that job but i want to change that this time! Any tips guys?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tip- it is a useless question asked by useless people or those reading from a bad manual.

Still it gets asked so try answering with something that can be both positive and negative- curiosity, enthusiasm, dedication, tenacity...... and if you feel like it use the same thing for the "what are your strengths" question. Do consider cooking up an example beforehand though.

If you can then tailor it to the job; if playing scientist/engineer/technician and curiosity is good but for data entry they will probably then expect you to flame out through boredom.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'd say there's two good ways of responding to this type of question.

One is to give an honest weakness of yours from the PAST that (you feel) you've made progress in overcoming.

For example, a legit weakness of mine used to be my shyness and lack of willingness to communicate with randomers. So you could say that through xyz (e.g. projects @ school or in your previous job) you've made progress in overcoming it. It could be any weakness that applies to your job (and even if it hasn't improved it is a good way of semi-admitting to it).

An alternative response is one that can be seen as both a weakness and strength. I was asked this question in a past interview (for which I got the job - dunno if my answer had any affect on their decision) and my response was that I didn't take failure very well. Whilst this can be seen as a weakness for obvious reasons (failure is inevitible, I could be a psycho etc.) it can also be viewed as me being determined to succeed in whatever it is that I'm doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...