RBYG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Well, I just wanted to know what the best speed for gaming online on the Wii is.
LinkThis is what my ISP is giving me.

Right now I have a 2MBps connection which is limited to 2.5GB and since I'm a pirate
ninja.gif
I need an unlimited connection.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
for downloading.,.. yes you need a non-limited bandwidth internet connection.

but in terms of online gaming. you need atleast a connection with lower than 30ms latency ... higher than that, sucks.. there are no bandwidth requirements for online gameplay as long as your latency is good.

for my gameplay with Wii online... there are about 1.7mb of data recevied with 2.8mb sent.. (for 1 hour of gameplay) see that, it doesnt even need a ultra fast bandwidth. latency on their server is 17ms US server

for my PS3 online gameplay (playing tekken DR online.. consumpts about 13mb received with 18mb sent.) quite high a little, but still reasonable. latency on their server is 23ms.. US server.

im here in philippines... quite far... i got 6hops on Nintendo's server. and 3hops? on Playstation.. dunno why.. it automatically jumps the request to japanese gateway. maybe they have mirror on their servers for bettery latency.

-- Uses BayanDSL Plan 2999 (2.6mbps plan unlimited).. wireless ISP here in philippines sucks.. so i prefer wired connection if possible.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
all you need to know, if you have 2mb connection with at least 256k upload then you will be fine as long as you dont download torrents or something at the same time, as far as bandwidth for game usage is, well thats kind of hard to measure because, it depends on how long you play the game for, and how many games you have which you play online, also calculating latency is sort of futile too, unless your playing within the country of origin, latency can not be controlled and in most cases is pure luck.

so my answer to you is, if you have 2mb down and at least 256k up you will be fine, and bandwidth usage well if your that worried about it, turn off all your pc's when playing on your wii as they will eat your bandwidth too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-