Hacking Internet Not Connecting 52131 Error

Blastoise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so i have a softmodded Wii 4.2E
Softmodded it as 4.2 and also used startpatch (if that helps)
One thing i cant do is get it to properly work with my router. Iv tried countless times. I can get my friends wii to connect to it (also softmodded) but not mine. Its a Dlink router. Iv tried restoring the router to factory settings and also manually configuring the connection but nothing works
frown.gif

Any ideas?

farcry15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it wireless? i would have to assume it is. if it's not secured, try adding a wep key, it may not do anything but it's something to try. only other thing i can think of is to make sure you're connecting to the right network, and that you're close enough to get a good connection. also try looking at your router's settings to make sure it's letting your wii connect properly.

Blastoise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys. Yea its close enough and its the right router. Its worked always but recently it just stopped

Blastoise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea i just tried that. No luck... now im getting the 52130 error.
BTW thanks for your help guys.. hopefully i can get this working soon

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok when you detect your Wireless network with the wii and it asks for the input the password is it set to the same security as your wireless network eg.WPA-PSK (TKIP), WEP , WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES).
I have mine set to WPA-PSK (TKIP)

Blastoise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yrlea it is. I know the whole thing with the router but i think it might be something i did when i softmodded it. Is there any homebrew apps that i can configure it with

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Startpatch has the ability to give you a ret with internet so you cant update run startpatch and uninstall network patch and you should be a go

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
along the same lines as startpatch, priiloader has system menu hacks and sometimes they jump around

by jump around, i mean the following:

if u install some hacks via priiloader, they are initially read off of a hacks.ini file on the root of the sd card, if u install these hacks then keep using that sd card (or remove it entirely), the hacks will continue to work. However, i've noticed that if u switch sd cards, and the second sd card has a DIFFERENT version of the hacks.ini on it, sometimes the old settings get applied to the new hacks.ini automatically

(for example, if i had the 1st and last hack enabled, then switch cards, the first and last hacks may still be enabled, but the first and last hacks are different hacks-- different order or something in the 2 hacks.ini files)

vegeta4ss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had an issue like this one time (long ago) and fixed it by updating wanikoko's Cios and my system menu. Not sure which one of the two fixed it though. Sorry I cant be of much more help.

Blastoise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks vegeta might try that.

First ill try my ISP's proxy because my ISP had a problem connecting my ipod touch to youtube a while back and i rung them up and they changed the proxy. It stopped working around that time so i think i might ring up again and see if they can change it.

Blastoise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Also thanks to the other guys. Sorry didnt see your other comments since i had last been , scrolled straight to the bottom! (stupid me).

Cobleman thanks so much, I didnt think of that, I removed it and it worked
biggrin.gif
. Thanks everyone for helping.

Also I went into GAME. Asked the guy there he had never had the problem before (he said he'd also softmodded his wii) but suggested checking the hacks. So I guess he got it right aswell. (Also go to GAME great service, they always look after me there
smile.gif
)

(close this thread if you want mods)
smile.gif

sniperz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
xflak40 said:
along the same lines as startpatch, priiloader has system menu hacks and sometimes they jump around

by jump around, i mean the following:

if u install some hacks via priiloader, they are initially read off of a hacks.ini file on the root of the sd card, if u install these hacks then keep using that sd card (or remove it entirely), the hacks will continue to work. However, i've noticed that if u switch sd cards, and the second sd card has a DIFFERENT version of the hacks.ini on it, sometimes the old settings get applied to the new hacks.ini automatically

(for example, if i had the 1st and last hack enabled, then switch cards, the first and last hacks may still be enabled, but the first and last hacks are different hacks-- different order or something in the 2 hacks.ini files)
Yeah,that's help indeed!

mlozano1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cobleman said:
Startpatch has the ability to give you a ret with internet so you cant update run startpatch and uninstall network patch and you should be a go
Hey, im having the same problem, can u explai this in detail because im having some trouble understanding. Thanx

Posts merged

QUOTE(cobleman @ Jan 27 2010, 08:05 PM) Startpatch has the ability to give you a ret with internet so you cant update run startpatch and uninstall network patch and you should be a go
Could you explain in detail because im ahving the same problem but i dont undersant it. Thanx

rogas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys!

I would appreciate longer explanation of how to solve the problem by using startpatch.

My wii is unable to connect to the internet by wifi connection after many days of doing that... I am using 4.2E soft mode.

Looking forward to your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: