Internet help needed

rondoh70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any help would be great. My modem periodically drops my internet connection(1-5 times a day sometimes 15-20). I have contacted my ISP and we have gone through most of the logical solutions and are still incapable of finding the issue. If any one here has any ideas it would be great.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Try to Factory Reset the modem? Its gonna reset all the things so be sure to have user and pass written on paper somewhere.
Does the Wifi drop or does it drops when you're using Ethernet?
If its Wifi then you modem might be dying. The things you could do is change the Wireless Channel to some other and see if its fixes it. The dropping occurs when too many people are using the same Wireless Channel.
If you're connected with Ethernet and it drops then its the same, modem dying but you could check if its the Ethernet Cable by getting a new one.

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was the Modem provided by ur ISP or is it one u already own?

Sometimes Company's use special connection signals for their own Hardware meaning if u dont use Provided Hardware u might have Connection problems.....I know TWC does that in my Area

I had a Scientific Atlantic Modem i used for my Wifi in my House and i started dropping in and out couple times a Day cant recall how many DL's i had to Restart cause of it :angry:

You might have to Upgrade if possible.........

rondoh70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ISP is frontier. And the modem model is netgear b90-755044-15 rev 1A. I have had multiple house visits. All the wiring is correct. And they have set all optimal settings for the modem too.
And gaming forever, the modem is provided by my ISP. And has been replaced to see if it was faulty.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me with AT&T. Nothing would work, not even a new router, called the ISP out 5 times, nothing worked. To this day, it still derps, with no clue on how to fix it. I suggest calling them with a threat of switching companies (Assuming your contract allows) as that might get them to do SOMEthing helpful.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your contract will allow you to switch companies.
There's a rule in most contract that allow you to leave with no punishment if they are unable to provide the service they're contracted to. They're not so you can cancel

rondoh70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would switch companies. But the only other thing around is satellite internet. I'm thinking it's a modem firmware issue.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I would switch companies. But the only other thing around is satellite internet. I'm thinking it's a modem firmware issue.

Either way they should come to your house and see what's wrong.
Idk why you're playing with the things when you're paying the ISP and renting their modem.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Right now your best bet is to try the steps in the link I posted above... if that doesn't work, tell your ISP that your modem sucks and that they need to get their asses in gear and get a new one.

rondoh70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked and my modem has the latest firmware. Customer support is coming on Tuesday. Even though they will say nothing is wrong. And I just did a reset

Dr Eggman

I am THE Eggman.
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Canada
We actually had the same issue a number of years ago, what was happening was that our house had old, insufficient cable running to it underground. Since we're the farthest house from the tap, the signal degraded and frequently dropped out (TV was fine, though). The problem was there essentially wasn't enough bandwidth in those old copper cables.

I'd suggest have them test the signal strength of the cable coming into the house. Otherwise, can't help any further.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...