Internet Forum Moderator Brigade

Do you think moderators (on the internet in general) are more likely to have a college education or

• Yes, they must have earned their authority in some way.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, their well-worded retorts impress me every time.

• Yes, only mature people get to be in charge of things like that

• Yes, in their free time between doing important work-related activities they take the time out of th

• Of course they do, what do you think the internet is, a bunch of people who think they are more impo

• Total voters

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Urza, Mthrnite and Gaisuto were my 3 favorite mods.
Urza was always mean, but in a refreshingly honest "I'm an adult and you are just a cocky little brat" sort of way that I loved.
Gai was just awesome.
Mthr was too, wtf happened to him? Maybe its just my recent inactivity.

In all honesty, the reason I have been coming less is the noobiness, I was about the most detrimental thing to the forum back when I joined, and even then I was just poking fun at the typical teenage obsession with sex, adding a japanese cartoon twist, which I believe was for a while at least, slightly amusing.
Then the idiots and ungratefuls came, and it all went to hell.
EVERYONE in the mod team is amazing, you noobs have no idea how much better our mods are than the ones on any other forum I've seen.
Seriously, BIG thanks to all the past and present mods.
And I want to mirror Gaisuto's sentiments: the forum is getting worse, we can't get enough mods to keep it clean, and thanks to piracy being more and more mainstream the degredation will continue till this site we know and love is just a trash hole.
This is why I've always supported a private board for intelligent discussion that would be users with 1000 posts only. And its existence wouldn't be public knowledge, so newbs wouldn't want to spam to get in...

Bah, I hope ninty really cracks down on piracy so all the can't pirate any more, and thus have no reason to come to our precious forum.

S

ScuberSteve

shadowboy said:
Urza was always mean, but in a refreshingly honest "I'm an adult and you are just a cocky little brat" sort of way that I loved.
Gai was just awesome.
1. Urza isn't/never was a mod
2. Mthr is MIA cause of some stuff IRL.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
shadowboy said:
Gai was just awesome.

In all honesty, the reason I have been coming less is the noobiness, I was about the most detrimental thing to the forum back when I joined, and even then I was just poking fun at the typical teenage obsession with sex, adding a japanese cartoon twist, which I believe was for a while at least, slightly amusing.
Then the idiots and ungratefuls came, and it all went to hell.
EVERYONE in the mod team is amazing, you noobs have no idea how much better our mods are than the ones on any other forum I've seen.
Seriously, BIG thanks to all the past and present mods.
And I want to mirror Gaisuto's sentiments: the forum is getting worse, we can't get enough mods to keep it clean, and thanks to piracy being more and more mainstream the degredation will continue till this site we know and love is just a trash hole.
This is why I've always supported a private board for intelligent discussion that would be users with 1000 posts only. And its existence wouldn't be public knowledge, so newbs wouldn't want to spam to get in...

Bah, I hope ninty really cracks down on piracy so all the can't pirate any more, and thus have no reason to come to our precious forum.

welcome back shadow! long time no see!!

what did happen to mthr?

The Worst

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
GBAplace.net
XP
Country
United States
To the Staff:

Flaming.

Please don't feed the trolls, and stop flaming or get better at it.

I know there has been allot of Flaming/Trolling going around lately, but you guys shouldn't be involved.

Just close the topic. You have closed topics like this before, and you will in the future. stop all this fighting, let the guy reopen his blog with a more appropriate title, and suspend anyone that asks for pics or says they want to bone his sister.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I personally would like to thank you, elenar, for angering Gaisuto enough that he resigns.
Thanks for pushing him over the limit.

You're a fantastic member of the community. Thank you!
smile.gif

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Scuber: Yes he was. I remember him posting new powder DS releases before the User submitted news was up. Or he was a "technician" or some other random rank at least.

Juggz: Doin' fine, just busy.
How've you been?

EDIT: LULZ!
Out of 15 votes, 9 of us did "null" votes.
biggrin.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Also, to everyone in the thread complaining about me being a bad moderator, etc. (everyone being DrKupo) - a big fat FUCK YOU to ya. I put a lot of effort into bettering the site, and this is what I get? Disrespect and flames? Gee, thanks.

I hate people who just come on the board to stir things up and piss people off?
What good does it do? Why do it on a board that hasn't been completely ruined by meme spouting, flaming kids? Go to 4Chan - just leave.

I personally don't want to see Gaisuto go - there's still some hope left for the forums, I think.
Maybe we should cut the warning system in half and be more strict on posts.
Maybe that'd be a good solution.

S

ScuberSteve

shadowboy said:
Scuber: Yes he was. I remember him posting new powder DS releases before the User submitted news was up. Or he was a "technician" or some other random rank at least.
Magazine Staff =/= Staff

QUOTE(chalupa @ Oct 1 2008, 05:20 AM) row row fight the powah!

No.

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
to the op, grow up really
is your r/l so powerless you have to start trouble here
wacko.gif

at the end of the day the members get nominated for good reason, if they don't do their job it's never up to people like you to start crap like this to get rid of them
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, I dont have the other 3 wives