Internal vs. USB vs. disc vs. Ps3NetServ

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Usb drive.

Do trophies really need to be synced to appear? I think I earned some when I wasn't signed in to PSN and I think they were added before I synced them and they even made that noise when they popped.

Also, what's the difference between online and offline PSN trophies? Are unlocked trophies when signed out of PSN added to the offline section and unlocked trophies while signed in to PSN added to the online one?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syncing trophies is needed if you were to change hdds, systems, or upgrade to a ps4/5. it's not needed, but if you want to retain them, that's what you have to do as they're not backed up. the second question is I don't know. I've only started getting into trophies with the ps5. I have no trophies for the ps3 or 4.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you need to be a psn plus subscriber to sync trophies either. you do in order to use cloud saving or automatic update installation on the ps3 (think it's automatic no matter what on the ps4 and 5, even with the option disabled).

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
syncing trophies is needed if you were to change hdds, systems, or upgrade to a ps4/5. it's not needed, but if you want to retain them, that's what you have to do as they're not backed up. the second question is I don't know. I've only started getting into trophies with the ps5. I have no trophies for the ps3 or 4.

So, should I only care about them if I want to see them in my PS4/PS5/PS Vita/PS TV since even if I don't sync them they'll appear in the PS3?

Also, is it safe if I only sign in to PSN account to sync trophies after disabling syscalls in Evilnat?

I don't think you need to be a psn plus subscriber to sync trophies either. you do in order to use cloud saving or automatic update installation on the ps3 (think it's automatic no matter what on the ps4 and 5, even with the option disabled).

I was able to sync trophies before being a PS Plus user.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, should I only care about them if I want to see them in my PS4/PS5/PS Vita/PS TV since even if I don't sync them they'll show up in the PS3?

Also, is it safe if I only sign in to my PSN account to sync trophies after disabling syscalls in Evilnat and afterwards sign off and create syscalls in Evilnat?

I was able to sync trophies before being a PS Plus user.
it's most likely safe, but there's no guarantees. that's why it's always prudent not to use the account you use on other systems, if that's your intention. you could lose everything if sony becomes wise or you make a mistake. you don't have to sync them if you don't want to. it's just a safety precaution.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
it's most likely safe, but there's no guarantees. that's why it's always prudent not to use the account you use on other systems, if that's your intention. you could lose everything if sony becomes wise or you make a mistake. you don't have to sync them if you don't want to. it's just a safety precaution.

I've been doing it since I hacked the PS3 in 2018. Before Evilnat, I used PSN Patch. Could you answer my first question?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the home directory on the ps3, ps4, and probably 5. on the ps4, it's in the user partition and whatever it's called on the ps5. you can back them up, and I think they'll work as long as it's the same account, same system. also, the ps4, and probably 5, as well as the vita, use a local trophy database to store what you've unlocked. there's a number from 1 to 4 to indicate bronze, silver, gold, or platinum trophies, and another maybe 1 or 0 to indicate if you have them, but if you manipulate it manually, it will be removed if you ever rebuild the database. I don't know how it knows then.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
in the home directory on the ps3, ps4, and probably 5. on the ps4, it's in the user partition and whatever it's called on the ps5. you can back them up, and I think they'll work as long as it's the same account, same system. also, the ps4, and probably 5, as well as the vita, use a local trophy database to store what you've unlocked. there's a number from 1 to 4 to indicate bronze, silver, gold, or platinum trophies, and another maybe 1 or 0 to indicate if you have them, but if you manipulate it manually, it will be removed if you ever rebuild the database. I don't know how it knows then.

I thought the trophy information was saved in Sony's servers.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never really heard of bannings on the psv or pstv. you can even cheat with trophies, and nothing appears to happen. I think you're pretty safe with the ps3, but I don't know about the ps4 or ps5. no one is stupid enough to update with any hacks, just in case. Nintendo really upped their game with the switch, so there's no telling with Sony, and Sony bans both account and system, so it's foolish to take the risk with a legit account.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1