Internal vs. USB vs. disc vs. Ps3NetServ

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to be on dex. I'm pretty sure you can sign in on dex without having to be on the latest. your idps is your console id. it's used with the rap and act.dat to sign license to your account. it's also what's banned if you do get banned.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you need to be on dex. I'm pretty sure you can sign in on dex without having to be on the latest. your idps is your console id. it's used with the rap and act.dat to sign license to your account. it's also what's banned if you do get banned.

So, if users don't want to install a DEX CFW while on Evilnat 4.88 and don't update to Evilnat 4.89, they won't be able to access PSN if not using SEN Enabler?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
there's another way, through webman mod I think, but no one knows if it's safe. I think it uses a txt file to bypass a forced update.

But I don't want to use webMAN MOD and there are also others who claim the same and even though SEN Enabler doesn't support the latest FW (IIRC), it can be used to spoof to the wanted FW and thefore access the PSN, I guess.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only other way is to make a manual spoof. the firmware version is located in the vsh.self, so you'd have to decrypt it into an elf, look for the firmware and version numbers to do so. there's three vsh.self with rebug, so you'd have to do it to all three. I'm not sure how many evilnat has with all his options. it's much more complicated this way.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
the only other way is to make a manual spoof. the firmware version is located in the vsh.self, so you'd have to decrypt it into an elf, look for the firmware and version numbers to do so. there's three vsh.self with rebug, so you'd have to do it to all three. I'm not sure how many evilnat has with all his options. it's much more complicated this way.

But SEN Enabler can manually spoof without having to do that.

here's a tutorial. there's another by devil303 that spoofs the vsh.self, but you still need to decrypt it:

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/tut-how-to-spoof-ps3-firmware-cex-dex-rex-d-rex-ita-cobra.2658/

That tutorial may be obsolete. Anyway, in these cases, and since I don't want webMAN MOD and to install a previous CFW, do you recommend me to install and use SEN Enabler and if it doesn't support the latest OFW to do a manual spoof or just wait until a new CFW that supports the latest OFW is out?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the psp actually has a version.txt, which you can create, enable in recovery mode, and spoof to any firmware you want. it's not quite as easy with the ps3, but the wmm method may be close to it.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
that's a good way to get banned, if your console has a higher firmware version than ofw.

But it wouldn't have a higher FW version than OFW's but a higher version than the currently installed one and the same as the OFW's.

Anyway, I guess if FW is manually spoof in webMAN MOD or SEN Enabler so that the PS3 has the same FW than the latest OFW's it could get users banned too.

If 4.90 OFW is out, should I wait for 4.90 CFW to be out since webMAN MOD freezes my PS3?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they'll likely add it between 6-18 months from when 4.89 was released, so you may be waiting a long time.

I'll still try to help with the ps3, but I hate that scene with a passion. in no other scene have I ever been more disrespected. that's why I don't install psl1ght to compile ps3 projects. I try to act like the scene never existed. hate my tutorials too, thinking about removing links to them in my sig.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
they'll likely add it between 6-18 months from when 4.89 was released, so you may be waiting a long time.

I'll still try to help with the ps3, but I hate that scene with a passion. in no other scene have I ever been more disrespected. that's why I don't install psl1ght to compile ps3 projects. I try to act like the scene never existed. hate my tutorials too, thinking about removing links to them in my sig.

That's what I'm worried about and meanwhile a new FW might be out. So, I guess I should wait for a 4.90 CFW to reduce the likelihood of getting banned.

What's psl1ght and how were you disrespected?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't spoof higher than exists. that's a giant red flag.

ps1ight is the unofficial sdk for the ps3. I was banned on multiple sites, and the tutorials were not written for me, nor written for sceners, they were written for the admin of repack, because I wanted his site to succeed, but no one cared what I did, then I got dropped for no reason. what a true waste of time. I was a part of the 360 scene beforehand, but I never tested anything or risked my system or any of that stuff, so the ps3 was my first true scene. if I hadn't been a part of that, I wouldn't be a part of any other scene nor have the knowledge I have now. I regret it almost every day.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I wouldn't spoof higher than exists. that's a giant red flag.

ps1ight is the unofficial sdk for the ps3. I was banned on multiple sites, and the tutorials were not written for me, nor written for sceners, they were written for the admin of repack, because I wanted his site to succeed, but no one cared what I did, then I got dropped for no reason. what a true waste of time. I was a part of the 360 scene beforehand, but I never tested anything or risked my system or any of that stuff, so the ps3 was my first true scene. if I hadn't been a part of that, I wouldn't be a part of any other scene nor have the knowledge I have now. I regret it almost every day.

Then why did you say webMAN MOD can also do it like SEN Enabler? Also, the link you showed says that if done properly, there's no sign that spoofed CFW gets users banned more than non-spoofed's.

What's SDK?

PSX-Place was a waste of time for me. I was told there to not use OPL Daily Build versions and to use the official OPL Beta ones because according to them PS2-Home stole the project and modified it, and after following their advise and starting to use the official OPL Beta version, I found out it doesn't have POPStarter integrated (I want to run both PS1 and PS2 games via SMB and I want them to be in the same external HDD, and even if PS1 games don't lag [or lag less] on POPStarter via USB unlike PS2's on OPL via USB, the PS2 mightn't provide enough energy to power a 2.5" external HDD unless an USB Y-cable connected to both PS2 USB ports or a self-powered USB hub connected to the PS2 were used but I don't want to use them and I also don't want to use a 3.5" external HDD but a 2.5" one so I have no choice but to run POPStarter via SMB) since it doesn't have the "PS1" tab so it can't easily run PS1 games unlike OPL Daily Build versions, and as if thiz wasn't enough, I can't run POPStarter via SMB so I guess I'll run PS1 games on the PS3 which supposedly is also more compatible than POPStarter. I asked for help regarding playing PS1 games in the official OPL Beta versions and they weren't able to help me when it was thanks to them (PSX-Place's users) I switched OPL versions (TnA, who convinced me the most to switch OPL Beta versions, even said he didn't knew why I wasn't able to play PS1 games in the official OPL Beta versions via SMB and didn't try to help me and after saying PS2-Home stole the OPL project and modified it, I found out he replies there). PSX-Place users don't have patience with me (especially TnA and HWNJ), are very arrogant and annoying (as if I had to know all concepts and terms regarding the PS2 and PS3 homebrew scenes when I just entered them), insult me and got me banned more than once after answering them. They said to not use OPL Daily Build versions but they make tutorials, post YouTube videos and show PS2 game compatibility lists regarding them and when I confronted them about this and said they told me to stop using OPL Daily Build versions, they got mad at me and said it's not wrong mentioning them in these cases. Also, they provide OPL Beta versions that aren't available in the official OPL GitHub repository but that is fine for them and the official OPL's GitHub repository says anyone can contribute improvements to OPL due to its open-source nature so how did PS2-Home steal the project?

As if this wasn't enough, I created threads in Reddit and PSX-Place's TnA got me banned in some of its PS2 communities too. Before I got banned in some of the Reddit's PS2 communities Reddit, other annoying users answered me there as well.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sdk = software development kit. I no longer like psx-place, but I'll link to there if need be. it's full of hypocrites, morons, and the admin is on a power trip. they'll never go beyond the ps3, believe me, because so many people have grown tired of the site's bullshit.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
sdk = software development kit. I no longer like psx-place, but I'll link to there if need be. it's full of hypocrites, morons, and the admin is on a power trip. they'll never go beyond the ps3, believe me, because so many people have grown tired of the site's bullshit.

Could you read what I typed meanwhile?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8