Internal vs. USB vs. disc vs. Ps3NetServ

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I try to be. I want people to learn, and become self sufficient eventually. that was the reason I wrote my tutorials, but almost all of them are obsolete now, so people don't have to learn anything. I think that's really bad for the scene tbh.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well, I try to be. I want people to learn, and become self sufficient eventually. that was the reason I wrote my tutorials, but almost all of them are obsolete now, so people don't have to learn anything. I think that's really bad for the scene tbh.

Many gang up on me, others simply don't answer me.

That's another problem. I was told to follow some guides but many weren't updated and so may not work any more and some are even down. OPL compatility lists aren't updated since they regard previous official OPL versions (or even previous OPL Daily Build ones) and some versions I was told to download aren't updated too. As if it weren't enough, the homebrew scene has a lot of apps, versions, concepts and things in general. It's so hard to understand. Also, I have problems almost nobody has and my TV, consoles, controllers, etc., start to have problems at the same time.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's how it was for me, people ganging up on me, at least on ps3hax. and, the sad part is that it was staff. it may be the most unprofessional site I've ever seen. they did the same to multiple people: attack, then ban. no wonder the site went under. haha

I don't know about opl compatibility. I use a special version for mx2sio. it says that mega man anniversary collection works, but I was never able to get it to work. I now own a system with a working dvd drive, and I own the disc of the game. no skips or problems playing the game, so the laser is perfect. all other games I've tested work without a problem from a micro sd card.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
that's how it was for me, people ganging up on me, at least on ps3hax. and, the sad part is that it was staff. it may be the most unprofessional site I've ever seen. they did the same to multiple people: attack, then ban. no wonder the site went under. haha

I don't know about opl compatibility. I use a special version for mx2sio. it says that mega man anniversary collection works, but I was never able to get it to work. I now own a system with a working dvd drive, and I own the disc of the game. no skips or problems playing the game, so the laser is perfect. all other games I've tested work without a problem from a micro sd card.

Yes, moderators and not only gang up on me and if I create a second account they'll find out. The problem is that many users indicate PSX-Place to ask for help and there are many tutorials there. Also, they even attacked me because of typos, quoting the wrong users (by mistake, of course) and using non-official versions of homebrew when the tutorial videos they mentioned used them too (not to mention PSX-Place has its own versions of homebrew and they're advertised there).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, the irony about ps3hax is that Gregory Rasputin, who almost made theflow0 quit, added butt hurt to my tutorial name, so it said butt hurt pinky's ps3 tutorials after he banned me. the ironic part is that he himself got banned, then started making fake accounts to taunt staff. I've never done that on any site I've been banned on, so who's really butt hurt here???

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well, the irony about ps3hax is that Gregory Rasputin, who almost made theflow0 quit, added butt hurt to my tutorial name, so it said butt hurt pinky's ps3 tutorials after he banned me. the ironic part is that he himself got banned, then started making fake accounts to taunt staff. I've never done that on any site I've been banned on, so who's really butt hurt here???

That's really stupid.

Is it my fault searching for YouTube videos when recently entering the PS2 homebrew scene I get videos regarding the modified version (OPL Daily Build) in the first results and PS2-Home (which has this version) also appears in Google's first results? I was told to not follow YouTube videos but it's better than following tutorials with no videos, although the latter might be obsolete. As if this wasn't enough, even though I was told in PSX-Place to not use this version, it was mentioned there on tutorials and even YouTube videos were posted there regarding it (some of them were the same I had already watched and previously mentioned in this reply). How could it be known this version shouldn't be used? Also, the official OPL's GitHub repository says anyone can contribute improvements to OPL due to its open-source nature so how did PS2-Home steal the project? Anyway, in spite of all, I'll keep using the official OPL Beta versions and not OPL Daily Build ones.

Do you know how to mark a reply as the solution? I was only able to do it once.

EDIT: Now PS2-Home is redirecting to the official OPL GitHub repository when downloading the latest OPL Beta version instead of their former Daily Build and ifcaro versions. It seems I had bad luck to access PS2-Home at the time.

EDIT 2: It seems a PSX-Place user (grimdoomer) released an OPL version which supports over 2 TB exFAT internal HDDs/SSDs/SSHDs and multi-BDM devices. Didn't he steal the project like PS2-Home, then? The internal HDDs/SSDs/SSHDs have to be formatted on the PC as GPT and exFAT to work in this version. The official OPL versions only support the APA partition table and wLE can format the internal HDD/SSD/SHD to it (and the file system they get is PFS, which is a proprietary file system used by Sony).

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
that I don't know. I'm not sure if you can do it in a thread or if it has to be a discussion question.

I know this might be a strange question but would the likelihood of getting banned increase if I manually spoof to 4.90 while being in 4.89 CFW, access PSN with precautions, install a 4.90 CFW and then access PSN with precautions?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not spoof. just sign in with 4.89 or use dual boot, which is as close to ofw as you can get while allowing you to reinstall cfw. you can sync trophies that way or do whatever, but you won't be able to play pirated games or use homebrew. that's not what it's designed for. it's just for those afraid of being banned, but want to be on cfw.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I would not spoof. just sign in with 4.89 or use dual boot, which is as close to ofw as you can get while allowing you to reinstall cfw. you can sync trophies that way or do whatever, but you won't be able to play pirated games or use homebrew. that's not what it's designed for. it's just for those afraid of being banned, but want to be on cfw.

Sorry, I didn't get. How can homebrew be used in dual boot?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who knows. it's the safest way though as it uses minimal patches, just to get you back to cfw. no one knows what sony looks for. there's no 100% guarantee outside of being totally legit.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like I said, no one knows what sony can or can't see. I'm sure if they wanted, they could tell if someone wasn't on a legit firmware. they just choose not to.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
like I said, no one knows what sony can or can't see. I'm sure if they wanted, they could tell if someone wasn't on a legit firmware. they just choose not to.

I'm not sure yet if Evilnat 4.88 users have to manually spoof to 4.89 to sign in to PSN or if they can just sign in to PSN without taking precautions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag