Internal vs. USB vs. disc vs. Ps3NetServ

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before cobra or mamba , we couldn't use iso, even ps3 iso.
On Evilnat 4.88 via Multiman it says I need to download PS2 Placeholder.

Just the ISO itself doesn't work. I read Evilnat is Cobra-compat or something, but still getting used to it.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Cobra was closed source with a dongle.

What does that mean?

On Evilnat 4.88 via Multiman it says I need to download PS2 Placeholder.

Just the ISO itself doesn't work. I read Evilnat is Cobra-compat or something, but still getting used to it.

I use IRISMAN and I don't have that problem and in previous CFW and multiMAN versions I didn't too.

You need to change to mmcm. There's a setting in multiman.

What's the difference between mmCM and multiMAN? Anyway, doesn't multiMAN automatically change to mmCM when running a PS2 ISO?

Yes but your main question refers to the ps3 and not to the ps2. . . . . For example, if you want to exchange the swap magic with a burned game you just have to make slight modifications to the dvd drive to exchange the disc (this is nowadays completely obsolete. . . . because the playback of backups via hdd etc. is a lot more comfortable)
But if you just want to start opl or for example install fmcb on a mc you just need the swapmagic and a usb stick (for fmcb there are also other methods . . .but here it’s just about the principle).

if you use webmanmod etc. your iso is mounted by ps2 placeholder. . . . . . . . . .:rolleyes:

But in general you make it too hard for yourself. . . . . . if you want to play ps2 games without big compromises, a PS2 console is still the best option

Those slight modifications were needed for the PS2 or the PS3?

I installed FMCB on a MC using FDVDB.

PS2 placeholder or PS2 ISO Launcher (or maybe PS2 Launcher REBUG or PS2 Classics Manager)?

But I can't find updated OPL lists so how can I know if the games I want to play have issues or not? Speaking of which, did the PS1 and PS2 game compatibility increase on the PS3 over the years or it's the same from the start? Are there PS3s more compatible with certain PS1 and PS2 games than other ones?

Also, is OPL's PS1 and PS2 game compatibility higher in some PS2s?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does that mean?

Weird. I use IRISMAN and I don't have that problem and in previous CFW and multiMAN versions I didn't too.

What's the difference between mmCM and multiMAN? Anyway, doesn't multiMAN automatically change to mmCM when running a PS2 ISO?

Those slight modifications were needed for the PS2 or the PS3?

I installed FMCB on a MC without Swap Magic.

PS2 Placeholder or PS2 ISO Launcher (or maybe PS2 Launcher REBUG or maybe PS2 Classics Manager)?

But I can't find updated OPL lists so how can I know if the games I want to play have issues or not? Speaking of that, did the PS1 and PS2 game compatibility increase on the PS3 over the years or it's the same from the beginning? Are there PS3 models more compatible with certain PS1 and PS2 games than other ones?

Also, is OPL more PS1 and PS2 game compatible with some PS2 models than with other ones?
You originally had to buy something to use cobra cfw. Iirc, multiman only reads ps2 isos or ps2 classics, not both at the same time. It's just too old a homebrew. Mmcm is multiman cobra manager. Versions 3.x.x were for cobra cfw when it was closed source. I think TX was responsible for it.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You originally had to buy something to use cobra cfw. Iirc, multiman only reads ps2 isos or ps2 classics, not both at the same time. It's just too old a homebrew. Mmcm is multiman cobra manager. Versions 3.x.x were for cobra cfw when it was closed source. I think TX was responsible for it.

What, ODE?

Only PS2 ISOs since PS2 Classics are in the PKG format.

I thought multiMAN was one of the best. What about IRISMAN (the one I use)?

What do you mean by mmCM being Cobra manager?

What versions? PS3's OFW's or multiMAN's?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: idk