Hacking Interest in NDSRom Organizer?

t_kiddie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ive just added and finished the autoupdater for the tool which means there are some new lines in the languagefile would be grat if you could translate them too
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
AllreadyUpToDate=Your TKR Organizer is already up to date.
StartNow=Do you want to start TKR Organizer now?
UpToDateNow=Your TKR Organizer is up to date now.

Pleas just send me a pm with the modified lines and the name of the language
wink.gif

thank you. i think ill release the new version within the next hour so stay tuned
wink.gif

t_kiddie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
v0.004a out
smile.gif

This one comes only as an updater for testreasons.

Manual:
1. Extract all files of the archiv into the TKR Organizer folder (where the TKR Organizer.exe is located)
2. Execute the "update.exe"
3. Wait until you get two "ERROR" messages ^^ (klick yes for starting TKRO or no for just exiting the update)

You'll only get the "ERROR" messages this time. This is because the language files are downloaded the first time with this update. On future updates you'll get a successmessage here.

In order to change the programs language just change the "language=" line in the "settings.ini" youll see the available languages if you look into the "langfiles" folder.

As allways, please post any bugs and suggestions here
smile.gif

Download>>TKROUpdate

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Bug Report:

- Select all and Deselect All in the Portuguese Version get overlayed.
- MASSIVE error, its not Portugese, its Portuguese.
- When you run the program, it gives a error, and asks yes or no... -> Nevermind, already explained xD
- Unbekannt, you should add a string to the language files so we can translate this to our language, each person...

Sugestion:
- When you run the TKR Organizer for the 1st time, it should be in English, not in German

- Add a Language Changer, inside of the Organizer itself, so people don't have to mess with the settings.ini file.

- BIG SUGESTION - When Homebrew, your program could detect when the program is a Homebrew, and name it as the DS does, when you go to play a homebrew... It Shows the name... and we could also make a Bank of images for each homebrew, if the developers of said homebrew don't mind we doing it...

- ANOTHER SUPER HYPER MEGA SUGGESTION: Make an option to delect roms, like, if you have 1 rom multiplied, or you have the Original form and the Trimmed form, you can select the one that takes more space ( The Original ) and delete it, its kinda basic to make that option and i think that its a great addiction to the tool.

As far as i know, the original rom always takes more space then the trimmed, so its easy to do that option and you could also make and option to detect the Size of the Rom, and if its on the Original Size, it would say Original in front of the rom, but on a new section (like the sections you have "ROM", "Serial", "Original Name" "File Location", "Size" you could make on in front of "Size" saying "State" and then Original or Trimmed... it would help many people that keep both the Original and the Trimmed)

I don't know in what language you are working, and i don't know if you want to make this organizer open source or not, but if you need help, i can help you...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I find it slightly bizzare that you're releasing a Rom Organizer EXACTLY the day after the official DS-Scene Rom Organizer and Patcher has been released by RetroHead and RetroGamesFan. No pun intended, but it's "fishy" none-the-less.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see similarities, but I'm nowhere near pointing fingers. I just found it odd that two great tools that happen to be similar are released one day apart.

t_kiddie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MaxNuker said:
Bug Report:

- Select all and Deselect All in the Portuguese Version get overlayed.
- MASSIVE error, its not Portugese, its Portuguese.
- When you run the program, it gives a error, and asks yes or no... -> Nevermind, already explained xD
- Unbekannt, you should add a string to the language files so we can translate this to our language, each person...

Sugestion:
- When you run the TKR Organizer for the 1st time, it should be in English, not in German

- Add a Language Changer, inside of the Organizer itself, so people don't have to mess with the settings.ini file.

- BIG SUGESTION - When Homebrew, your program could detect when the program is a Homebrew, and name it as the DS does, when you go to play a homebrew... It Shows the name... and we could also make a Bank of images for each homebrew, if the developers of said homebrew don't mind we doing it...

- ANOTHER SUPER HYPER MEGA SUGGESTION: Make an option to delect roms, like, if you have 1 rom multiplied, or you have the Original form and the Trimmed form, you can select the one that takes more space ( The Original ) and delete it, its kinda basic to make that option and i think that its a great addiction to the tool.

As far as i know, the original rom always takes more space then the trimmed, so its easy to do that option and you could also make and option to detect the Size of the Rom, and if its on the Original Size, it would say Original in front of the rom, but on a new section (like the sections you have "ROM", "Serial", "Original Name" "File Location", "Size" you could make on in front of "Size" saying "State" and then Original or Trimmed... it would help many people that keep both the Original and the Trimmed)

I don't know in what language you are working, and i don't know if you want to make this organizer open source or not, but if you need help, i can help you...

First of all: I am very sorry for the "portugese"
biggrin.gif
ill change this first for the next version
wink.gif

About the overlayed buttons: As I sayd i will try to make the layout flexible so it will change itself if the strings are longer then expected or for the maximise function.

The ERROR messages just appeard with this update i hope you'll never see them again
wink.gif

I wanted to fix the "unbekannt" thing with v0.004a but i simply forgot it sry about this one
biggrin.gif

I forgto to change the settings.ini back to english too im afraid^^

The manual settingsfile changes are just a temporal solution. I will make a whole settings menu for v0.005 or v0.006.

I like the other two ideas. I think I will implement them as soon as i can. Thank you for them
smile.gif

I will keep the source for now because I am like a bit chaotic and its already getting hard for me to get along with it
wink.gif
The Gui is written in autohotkey (scriptlanguage) while the lowlevel stuff is in Basic at the moment but I plan to transfer it into c++ maybe due to performance reasons.

I think maybe if the beta will be released i will consider again to clean the code up and make it open source. But thank you for the offer
smile.gif

Foxi4 said:
I find it slightly bizzare that you're releasing a Rom Organizer EXACTLY the day after the official DS-Scene Rom Organizer and Patcher has been released by RetroHead and RetroGamesFan. No pun intended, but it's "fishy" none-the-less.

I did not know about the DS-Scene Organizer, I just started to code like two days befor i postet the v0.001a. And i started coding it because i think there was no rom organizer before, that used serials instead of crc16 to detect roms.

I also don't think that this one is coded in ahk and basic^^

I just found it odd that two great tools that happen to be similar are released one day apart.

But thank you for calling the TKRO a "great tool"
smile.gif

I'm sorry guys i don't know if I'll find some time for the TKR today. But I think the next update will be ready till sunday. I'll post the iles again in here like i did with the first 3 versions.
But to those who already own a v0.004a:
Just use your updater. You will get a Message at the start of TKR Organizer if there is an Update available so you don't have to start the update.exe manualy
smile.gif

MaxNuker

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
By the way, when you release a new version, you should just update the 1st post and not make a post in the middle of the thread, easier to find where to download it.

Another Sugestion, does homebrew go by crc16? because the serial for homebrew generally is ####.... so we need the organizer to check for the crc16 of the homebrew, instead of the serial?

would that be possible?

t_kiddie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I always update the first post plus posting a new one
wink.gif
Well maybe now that there is a autoupdate function, i'll just update the first post.

Thank you for the translation Boriar and thanks for the link, makes me proud to see my tool linked in your sig
smile.gif

Your right MaxNuker i've got to think about that.

MaxNuker

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
as i said i have some awesome ideas, but as i don't have the source, nor i have the right to work without your permission, thats why i asked if i could check the source to see if i could help in anything... so if you want you can send me it... i won't give it to anyone...

I made a little experience, i went on the db.ini and added the following lines
[####] - > Homebrew Typical Serial
Releasenumber= Here i made a number
Title= FireWorlds DS - > The Homebrew i was trying to load
Serial= i made one up
advscn= made one up

and it worked, it showed as FireWorlds DS but i think that this way, every homebrew that has #### serial will show up as FireWorlds DS, so we need another way to check what the homebrew is... using crc16 maybe?

t_kiddie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well i could send you the code. are you familiar with autohotkey?

yes every HB would have the same name if we did so^^

i think we can find a way to detect them but in this case we'll still need to make a homebrew database on our own and keep updating it. i think thats way to much work for 1 or 2 people. we would need a team to keep it up to date. and as long as we have no income (maybe donations or adds?) they'll have to work for free
wink.gif

MaxNuker

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm 14 years old, i'm not seeing what autohotkey is... i worked with auto it before, are you familiar with that? but if you teach me the basics, i can get a hold of it xD

and yes, we should gather a team.... so we can maintain the database... do we need to ask the developers of each homebrew to see if we can make the database or there is no need? i mean in legal affairs etc...

t_kiddie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think I'll focus on the official roms for now. Maybe I'll add homebrewdetection later
smile.gif

Maybe some kind of p2p solution. When somebody renames a "unknown" rom, the new name will be uploaded to a central server together with the crc and added to a central database, so it would grow on its own
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up