Homebrew Question GUI to organize/view game info for NSP / XCI Files?

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what would be very useful and neat... A Web-Based GUI that can organize and display general information about NSP / XCI Files such as Game Name/Version, Game Description/Genre, Game Size Trimmed/Untrimmed (for XCI), DLC/Update Versions, Screenshots, Box Art, Ratings, Discussions per title, etc. Sort of like a Luxurious Rom Manager if you will.

It's important to take note that a web interface would make something like this instantly cross-compatible and usable anywhere with internet. It can scan a local folder of NSP files and output a custom page with results that display the information above in a nice looking, interactive interface.

I wish I knew how to make one because I think I would be good at it being an organized type of person. I have ideas for the way the GUI can look and act, as I am good with design... just not at actual programming.

Last edited by morrison22,

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps something like this may be brought to life in the future... In the meantime, please share any thoughts on what features, interface/design ideas, functionality, etc. you would like to see implemented. I am definitely interested in what people are interested to see in a client like this.

TheFIrstAv3nger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've been planning on building a mysql database of switch games, one for cart games and another for digital. I'd be willing to host it and let anyone use it for a homebrew or web app to pull info from.

As for the local nsp's, I'm not sure we found a way to pull info from them (title id, etc) so until there is a way to pull at least one game specific piece of info, it'd have to depend on a correct naming scheme or having the title id in the name (like if you use cdnsp or equivalent). Though I've been looking into libhac.

Reactions: morrison22

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol