Hardware intend to buy a ps3

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I already own a wii and my parents won't let me having two consoles at the same time.
I have four major titles I SERIOUSLY want to play on the ps3 and the only games I want for the wii are LoZSS and the new kirby game.
Should I sell the wii for a ps3?
Also I know that ps3 is hackable but are there new version which can't?

Edit:added poll

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait a minute. Why wont your parents let you have two consoles? Are they afraid that you'll have too much fun?

ilman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope-afraid I'll play them a hell and kill my eyes
tongue.gif

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to troll but look at my signature. U have like alot of consoles. But yes you should sell your wii. For one it's because the the wiiu is going to come out (even though nobody is going to want it) so that means that they will stop wii game production eventually. Also i think the PS3 & XBOX 360 have another good 2-5 year long period before the predecessor comes out.

ilman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
meh not going to buy a xbox or ps3 because
1) xbox 360 doesn't have usb loading.
2) ps3 doesn't allow you to connect to psn with a cfw.
3) waiting for wii u
yaywii.gif

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess it sorta depends. From my perspective here is how I see things, take all of this with a grain of salt

1) Since the WiiU will slated to be released in 2012. So logically devs are going to be pouring any new resources in to WiiU development and probably will be abandoning the Wii as a platform. Note the rather paltry releases coming out for the Wii so you can see this already happening. Similar to how the 3DS is shifting resources away from the DS/DSi platforms. So it's likely that any games you really want to play are already out there and not much more will come out for the Wii in the future in terms of AAA titles. Especially any Nintendo AAA titles. So you could consider the Wii a 'dying' platform

Though admittedly Inazuma 11 is coming out for the wii next month...

2) PS3. I 'usually' recommend a PS3 for a few reasons. Firstly if you're a movie buff the PS3 makes for a fine future proof Blu-ray player. No matter what insane stupid features they decide to add to the Blu-Ray specification, you can be sure the PS3 will support it with a firmware update. So when that 'glasses-less' 3D BluRay spec comes out in 3 years, your PS3 will be ready! It's also a great gaming system, and there are now relatively 'few' console exclusive titles, so any game you want to play is probably available on the PS3. So if you need a gaming system plus a Blu-Ray player, the PS3 is the way to go.

3) Xbox. The place Xbox shines is in it's online component. Live is simply 10x better than PSN even discounting the whole 'hacking' incident. It is truly the culmination of literally 15 years of development all the way back to WebTV. Basically MS has been trying and failing at this for a decade and has finally come up with a product and strategy that makes sense. However since you're in Bulgaria, I'm not sure if this is too compelling for you since I don't know what integrated features are availalbe in your region (Netflix being not there and all)

Anyway take my analysis for what it is, just a personal opinion on stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it