Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
amd-logo.jpg
AMD Joins Ranks with Intel, and Nokia with MeeGo Project

QUOTE said:
AMD to Contribute Engineering Resources to Help Drive Linux-Based Open Source Operating System

DUBLIN, IRELAND--(Marketwire - November 15, 2010) - At the MeeGo Conference 2010, AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced it has joined The Linux Foundation's MeeGo open source Linux project, and will provide engineering expertise intended to help establish the technical foundations for next-generation mobile platforms and embedded devices.

"MeeGo represents an exciting, open-source mobile operating system we expect to be adopted by mobile and embedded device makers over time," said Ben Bar-Haim, corporate vice president, software development, AMD. "We are glad to provide engineering resources to joint industry efforts like MeeGo and expect that this operating system will help drive our embedded plans and create expanded market opportunities for our forthcoming Accelerated Processing Units."

"Built from the ground up for a whole new class of mobile computing devices, MeeGo gives companies like AMD and its partners unlimited opportunities to accelerate innovation for the next generation of computing," said Jim Zemlin, executive director at The Linux Foundation. "As an existing Linux Foundation member, AMD will be an important and valuable contributor to the MeeGo Project."

AMD, as many of you, is a great rival of Intel but awhile ago, they present themselves to contribute and partnered with MeeGo to continue develop alongside the MeeGo project with Intel and Nokia.

---

Oh goodie, it might be my time to purchase and AMD branded hardware for my future MeeGo device such as the Nokia N9-0x or a netbook

http://www.nokiausers.net/MeeGo/AMD-Joins-...Go-Project.html

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I keep forgetting...Do you work for Nokia or something? It's like everything you post about is Nokia-related (I don't mean that in a bad way, just to let you know). This topic isn't really about Nokia, but I seem some in there.

On-Topic: Shit's goin' down, man...

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Hey guys, this topic is about AMD and MeeGo despite Intel co-owns the project. Nokia is out of the question here.

MeeGo is an OS co-created by Intel and Nokia with Intel's Moblin and Nokia's MAEMO. MeeGo is part of the Linux structure. What surprised me is that the joining of AMD to co-engineer the project.

MeeGo, as an OS, is a Linux Operating System for both mobile and netbooks. AMD probably want to help in the netbook category.

Again, this is about AMD and Intel's co-creation in which both companies are arch-nemesis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0