Intel HD gpu

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by luckwii, Mar 2, 2011.

Mar 2, 2011

Intel HD gpu by luckwii at 1:18 AM (856 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. luckwii
    OP

Member luckwii GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have an integrated Intel HD gpu. I am trying to get it to work with JPCSP using shaders. But, when I try and use shaders there is no image. I have all the latest drivers and Java etc., so I am starting to think that shaders aren't supported. The same thing is true of DirectX10 not working even though Intel says it does. Is there just no support for the type of shaders used in JPCSP?

And yes, still can't get an account at the JPCSP site if anyone has seen my other post.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    You need the latest display drivers for it.

3. I2aven's_Sag

Member I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    to be honest, I don't really think it's worth the effort; though you should install the new drivers; JCPSP only supports like 5 commercial games. It's not going to run anything you'd realistically want to play at a decent speed.

4. luckwii
    OP

United States
    Actually, JPCSP supports a lot of games now. Most will load that I have seen. Just slow fps. A lot of people with better gpus get playable speed too. There have been a lot of updates lately. There are new builds almost daily. This is the site where they are posted. http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/

I have the newest drivers already for my gpu, and no shaders still. They just won't work without black screen.

5. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Intel integrated GPUs are not designed for games or any 3d rendering... It's designed to be a light weight, low power video renderer for 2D and light video acceleration.

If you want to do anything with anything 3D, you have to get a dedicated video card.

6. luckwii
    OP

United States
    Can't do that...laptop and integrated chip.

I can play a few decent games that are 3D. SFIV runs full speed with mid to high settings. So does GTA San Andreas. My gpu sucks IMO, but it can run things like Desmume as well as other emulators.

7. luckwii
    OP

United States

I have the latest Gateway/Intel drivers, but can't install the latest Intel only driver. I am assuming they are one in the same though basically. Maybe mine is just optimized to my screen and/or processor (i5).

8. I2aven's_Sag

Member I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    cool, that's good to know. I'll look into it over the weekend perhaps.