Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to integrate an emulator to Moonshell so that when you open an snes rom in Moonshell, it opens it with the emulator ? Instead of having to launch the emulator then search the rom, etc...

Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
And it worked good ? Does it work with any emulator ? like renaming lameboy in gb.lameboy.nds ?

I'll try this
smile.gif
Thanks

EDIT : I just tried, it doesn't work, it just opens SNEmulDS but does not load the rom. Is there a modified SNEmulDS that loads directly the rom with Moonshell ?

Also, if someone knows about what emulators have been modified to work with Moonshell 2 extlink...

Anyway, Moonshell 2 is really great ! Lots of great features.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A direct launching system I believe would have to coded into the emulator for that to work. I still think the emulation on the DS is unfortunately impractical in a lot of ways due to the constraints of the 4 mb memory and the slow processors. I wish it were not so but that's how it is with an underpowered system.

Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
Still, some games work good ! And yes you have to add something to the code but I think it's not hard. And since the sources to SNEmulDS are available, it should come soon.

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
But seriously, extlink plugins function by telling the homebrew what to load. I'm not sure how the nesds or neogeo ones do it, but the ysmenu extlink plugin simply modifies the ysmenu ini to auto-boot the particular .nds file.
I think that we need an expert here...

Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
With the sources, I don't think it would be too much work to do. Moonlight did the modification himself to an old version of nester because that's the only sources he could find, and I think he didn't manage to compile nesDS.

Ben_j

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
Ok, now that I can compile, I can start working on it.

First, I did a small program to check : the filename is not passed through argc/argv. So it's not gonna be that simple after all. I hope a documentation for the extlink .h file will be released soon.

EDIT :
When a file handled by an extlink app is opened in moonshell, its path is saved in extlink.dat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1